Who we are
At Skutally, we are an intentionally small team building software for commerce.
It turns out for the people who list products for sale, they have no easy way to manage this information, share it with other retailers and colleagues, or keep it up to date. We want to fix that.
If at a store, you asked an associate for help
- You wanted to see more photos
- You want a notification when the product comes back in stock
- You want "that" in a different size or color
- You want to see if "just one more" was in the back
- You wondered if "it" will fit your vehicle's make/model/year
- If you've received impartial answers
- We are building this for you
Join us and do the best work of your career.
What you'll be doing
- Writing core code that is a pleasure for other engineers to read and understand
- Writing tests to run before deployments
- Building connectors to various external APIs which we need to implement.
- Investigating and fixing bugs reported
- Collaborate with team in the design, development, maintenance of our applications
- Improving our Infrastructure
- Orchestrating server architecture & deployments
- and much more
- 3+ years recent experience in working with Ruby on Rails
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful APIs
- Understanding and grasp of Agile development and Scrum practices
- Experience with version control (Git, Github)
- Experience working with Redis and Sidekiq
- Intuitive understanding of engineering tasks, ability to estimate your progress and time to completion
- Writing test coverage for your features (RSpec)
- Experience with GraphQL is a plus
- Need a flexible schedule?
- full or part time is welcome
- Want to work remotely?
- Stay in and work from home
- visit a local coffee shop
- so long as you stay focused and deliver quality work... we are happy.
- We are Mac Friendly