We’re SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc. Established in 1986, we’ve been exceeding customer expectations for over 30 years. Our ISO 9001:2015 certification demonstrates our unwavering commitment to excellence and continued improvement in all that we do.
Behind the packaging, SKS is a family-owned business that began in upstate New York. Since that time, SKS has outgrown 8 different locations in New York and opened a second warehouse in Sparks, NV. SKS has maintained a timeless integrity throughout this growth and continues to do so by adhering to the following principles:
- Make environmentally conscious decisions
- Choose products manufactured in the USA whenever possible
- Build lasting and authentic relationships with customers, vendors, and SKS employees that contribute to the company’s continued growth and success
The Accounting Manager is responsible for all activities in the accounts receivable/payable (AR/AP) function. Ensures timely payments of vendor invoices and expense vouchers and maintains accurate records and control reports. Manages collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries. Familiar with a variety of the accounting concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Leads and directs the work of the department. Coordinates the AR/AP department functions with the Sales and Purchasing Departments. Experience with month end reports, analysis and financial statements.
- Review the financial situation of the Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable Department and create reports for the Controller based on these findings.
- Weekly review A/R & A/P Aging Report, shipments that have not been invoiced, “uninvoiced” payable report, and invoices that have not been printed, “unprinted” report.
- Backup for both the Accounts Receivable Clerk and the Accounts Payable Clerk as needed to ensure that all functions are maintained timely.
- Compile monthly and quarterly reports for the Controller.
- 3 years+ of management experience
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and daily work
- 5 years+ of work experience including creating, analyzing, and presenting financials
- Ability to identify problems, root cause, and solutions
- Ability to learn new software
- Strong understanding of Accounting and GAAP
- Clear communicator
- Prior Microsoft Excel & Google suite experience
- 4 year degree or Associate’s degree + minimum 3 years experience
SKS is proud to offer a competitive compensation package + generous benefits package.
- A minimum of 12 Paid Holidays per year (+ your Birthday!)
- 15 paid days off, 20 paid days after 4 years of service, 25 paid days after 7 years of service.
- Health Insurance (60% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Dental Insurance (100% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Vision Insurance (100% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Gas Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2500 per year
- 401K plan with 4% match after 1 year of employment
Applicants must receive satisfactory results from a background check, as conducted in accordance with applicable laws; and must pass a drug screening. SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.