We’re SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc. Established in 1986, we’ve been exceeding customer expectations for over 30 years. Our ISO 9001:2015 certification demonstrates our unwavering commitment to excellence and continued improvement in all that we do.
Behind the packaging, SKS is a family-owned business that began in upstate New York. Since that time, SKS has outgrown 8 different locations in New York and opened a second warehouse in Sparks, NV. SKS has maintained a timeless integrity throughout this growth and continues to do so by adhering to the following principles:
- Make environmentally conscious decisions
- Choose products manufactured in the USA whenever possible
- Build lasting and authentic relationships with customers, vendors, and SKS employees that contribute to the company’s continued growth and success
The Sales Manager is responsible for the performance and growth of the SKS Sales Department. He/She will regularly review objectives of the department, conduct performance appraisals, and supervise the daily activities of the Sales team to maximize efficiency and productivity. The Sales Manager will mentor employees and advise on best practices to resolve customer complaints, evaluate customer requests and quotes made by the Sales team, and ensure that SKS customers, primarily ‘A’ accounts, are being serviced at the highest level. The Sales Manager is responsible for keeping staff members up to date on items and order status, new products, and changes to the SKS web sites, as well as, outside sources to help stay on top of market trends in the packaging industry. The Sales Manager reports to and will act under the guidance of the President. Those acting in this position will have regular contact and discourse with the President, Customer Care Manager, Operations Manager, Accounting, Warehouse Managers and Director of Purchasing regarding requests, complaints and orders for, and matters pertaining to, “A” account customers.
- Responsible for the operations of the Sales department
- Oversee Account Manager, Inside Account Managers and Territory Sales Managers behaviors and metrics associated with their position.
- Assist Account Manager (AM)s with recommendations for projects or special requests, offer guidance with setting up regular, drop ship, deco and blanket orders, stock & non-stock requests and to resolve complaints.
- Communicate with department managers as needed to assist the Sales staff in regard to their product requests, orders, and complaints or rush shipments.
- Conduct weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings with the Sales staff
- Partner with the Operations, Customer Care, Accounting, Warehouse and Purchasing departments as needed to fulfill customer requests.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of business relationships with large dollar volume SKS customers to increase sales.
- Generate and review reports on a monthly and Quarterly basis to document Sales Department sales numbers, quotes & ratios, visit and expense data, new stock number details, new ‘A’ account information, large account summaries, trends and goals.
- Attend meetings that may be relevant to the Sales department, including Complaint meetings and ISO meetings.
- Work with Human Resources and the President with hiring of new Sales Department personnel.
- 4 Year College Degree
- 3-5 years of professional sales experience
- Proven track record of leading successful sales teams
- Experience tracking metrics, measuring productivity etc.
- Understands business drivers and is able to implement initiatives to achieve goals
- Self disciplined in time management, organization skills, and meeting deadlines
- Willing and able to travel
SKS is proud to offer a competitive compensation package + generous benefits package.
- A minimum of 12 Paid Holidays per year (+ your Birthday!)
- 15 paid days off, 20 paid days after 4 years of service, 25 paid days after 7 years of service.
- Health Insurance (60% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Dental Insurance (100% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Vision Insurance (100% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Gas Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2500 per year
- 401K plan with 4% match after 1 year of employment
Applicants must receive satisfactory results from a background check, as conducted in accordance with applicable laws; and must pass a drug screening. SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.