We’re SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc. Established in 1986, we’ve been exceeding customer expectations for over 30 years. Our ISO 9001:2015 certification demonstrates our unwavering commitment to excellence and continued improvement in all that we do.
Behind the packaging, SKS is a family-owned business that began in upstate New York. Since that time, SKS has outgrown 8 different locations in New York and opened a second warehouse in Sparks, NV. SKS has maintained a timeless integrity throughout this growth and continues to do so by adhering to the following principles:
- Make environmentally conscious decisions
- Choose products manufactured in the USA whenever possible
- Build lasting and authentic relationships with customers, vendors, and SKS employees that contribute to the company’s continued growth and success
The Director of Purchasing is responsible for the day to day activities of the Purchasing department at SKS. Maintains and facilitates relationships with existing vendors and new vendors, to negotiate contract terms and conditions in the best interest of the company. He/she works with the various departments to help procure goods for SKS stocking program as well as special projects or dropships. Collaborates with the Marketing Department to develop new product lines and analyzes the need or benefit of adding to existing product lines. He/she is responsible for researching and reviewing the competitive marketplace. The Director of Purchasing reports directly to the President of SKS.
- Acquire and analyze vendor information and samples to support and discuss product lines, pricing, and performance.
- Strong supply chain management experience
- Implement supply chains that support business strategies that can adapt to changing marketplace, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies such as vendor rebates and/or discounts.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, accounting, and customer care.
- Secures good working relationships with vendors by establishing and creating new distributorships
- Review open purchase orders and work order reports to keep system accurate and up to date.
- Works extensively with purchasing agent, purchasing assistant, and accounting department to maintain the flow of information in the purchasing department to the benefit of the overall operations.
- 4 Year College Degree; supply chain management, logistics or business administration and 3-5 years of professional working experience
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to negotiate and sustain vendor/supplier relationships
- Strong leadership and project management skills
SKS is proud to offer a competitive compensation package + generous benefits package.
- A minimum of 12 Paid Holidays per year (+ your Birthday!)
- 15 paid days off, 20 paid days after 4 years of service, 25 paid days after 7 years of service.
- Health Insurance (60% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Dental Insurance (100% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Vision Insurance (100% single coverage paid by SKS)
- Gas Mileage Reimbursement
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2500 per year
- 401K plan with 4% match after 1 year of employment
Applicants must receive satisfactory results from a background check, as conducted in accordance with applicable laws; and must pass a drug screening. SKS Bottle & Packaging, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.