We believe that good technology can improve our daily lives in ways that few things can. We exist to inspire and enable those wanting to create exceptional software and digital experience. We aim to build the most impactful, sought-after, and well-run technology services company in the world. Our decision making and approach to work are based on the principles of our Core Values: Choose to be Happy, Embrace Change, Own It, Simplify and Go, and Give More Than You Take.
About the Job
Skookum is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer with intimate familiarity with the web platform to join our team. Our Front End Engineers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from an apparel design studio in the browser, to offline-enabled mobile web applications. We have products in production today built with a range of platforms. We are not religious about our technology, but choose the best for the problem. Our web stack today includes React, Angular, Vue.js, Ruby on Rails, node.js, .NET, and we have Go in production as well.
You want the web to compete with native platforms on every level; from building compelling experiences to maintenance, usability, and distribution. Regardless of what browser you use for daily use, you strongly believe that testing, supporting, and encouraging use of all browsers is core to the current and future success of the web. You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to partake in and lead communication with project stakeholders. You should be able to explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Have experience building production Angular applications
- Have experience with Blockchain (not required, but a plus)
- Have 5+ years of experience working on large development projects
- Get equally excited about great UI and API design
- Can articulate the difference between progressive enhancement and graceful degradation
- Could have a conversation about the importance of animation in an interface
- Work well with others
- Love the journey as much as the destination
- Stay current with evolving front end tools like Webpack and Babel
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC, Denver, CO and Atlanta, GA. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.