Skookum is seeking a Node.js Engineer with intimate familiarity with the web platform. Our Engineers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
About The Team
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from an apparel design studio in the browser, to offline-enabled mobile web applications. We have products in production today built with a range of platforms. We are not religious about our technology, but choose the best for the problem. Our web stack today primarily includes Ruby on Rails, Node.js, .NET, and Java; though we have C and Go in production as well.
You get excited about building software solutions that are performant, secure, and scalable. You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to partake in and lead communication with project stakeholders. You should be able to explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Get equally excited about great UI and API design
- Can articulate the value of a RESTful API or GraphQL
- Are familiar with one or many software ecosystems (e.g. .NET, Ruby on Rails, Java, Node.js)
- Have used various hosting solutions (e.g. AWS, Heroku, Azure, Rackspace, Linode)
- Understand a few data stores (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis) and ORMs (e.g. Hibernate, ActiveRecord)
- Are a fan of continuous integration testing
- Work well with others
- Love the journey as much as the destination
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Open PTO policy
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Friday company lunches, beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.