Skookum is seeking a Senior Front End Engineer who has extensive knowledge of and experience with the web platform to join our team in Charlotte, NC. Our Front End Engineers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
About The Team
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from an apparel design studio in the browser to offline-enabled mobile web applications. We have products in production today built with a range of platforms. We are not religious about our technology, but choose the best for the problem.
Our web stack today includes React, Angular, Vue.js, Ruby on Rails, node.js, .NET, and we have Golang in production as well.
You want the web to compete with native platforms on every level; from building compelling experiences to maintenance, usability, and distribution. Regardless of what browser you use for daily use, you strongly believe that testing, supporting, and encouraging the use of all browsers is core to the current and future success of the web.
You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to partake in and lead communication with project stakeholders. You should be able to explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience working on large development projects
- Take advantage of the new items in ES6, ES7, and beyond
- Stay current with evolving front end tools like Webpack and Babel
- Get equally excited about creating great experiences for users
- Can manage a complex and evolving application codebase
- Can work as part of small, Agile teams to deliver code on a consistent basis
- Can help teams manage and eliminate technical debt and keep an eye on project risk
- Can coach less experienced team members through technical challenges
- Love the journey as much as the destination
We never do the same thing twice. We build business-critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC, and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for leadership and career progression
- Open PTO policy
- Continuing education opportunities
- 401k matching
- Family-friendly health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Friday company lunches and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, or another platform.