Skookum is seeking an Android Developer (Kotlin) with intimate familiarity with the Android platform to join our team. Our Android Developers are engaged in the full spectrum of product development, working with a team to write great software and build engaging products. Do you have the technical and relational skills to build business-critical applications with a high-performing, cross-functional team?
About The Team
We generally operate with small teams working closely together on a wide variety of projects that range from Bluetooth integration to experimental systems that push what is possible with Android. We integrate with APIs of all flavors, and no solution is out of the question.
You are always learning. You are always growing. You are always seeking to improve yourself and those around you.
You are a human first, a developer second. You are willing and able to partake in and lead communication with project stakeholders. You should be able to explain technical constraints to both technical and non-technical audiences.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Get excited about great design
- Could have a conversation about why the fragmentation of Android is a /(good|bad)/ thing
- Work well with others
- Love the journey as much as the destination
- Think of Google I/O as Christmas in June
- Know “Effective Java” better than the back of your hand
- Kotlin experience preferred
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for leadership and career progression
- Open PTO policy
- Continuing education opportunities
- 401k matching
- Family-friendly health, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Friday company lunches, beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If this sounds like a place you’d like to be, send us your resume. Let us know why you’d be a good fit. If you already exist online with a blog, twitter, github, soundcloud, or other platform let us know that, too.