Skookum is currently looking to add a Director of Delivery Management to our growing team who have a background in product management, digital strategy consulting, and financial services as an industry. Skookum has a diverse portfolio of clients across several verticals and continues to expand our strong core of Financial Services clients. This role is focused on supporting Financial Services clients ranging from banking and wealth management to credit and payments. These clients seek to improve their market positioning, expand their financial services product suite, or solve identified customer experience related problems.
The Delivery Management team is a client focused, outcome driven organization within the services department assigned to a specific set of strategic accounts. You must possess a unique blend of Skookum process knowledge, project / product management skills, and a strong executive voice to communicate Skookum’s efforts to our customers and team.
While the Delivery Management team has no direct reports and is not fully dedicated to a single project, they will play a fundamental role in service delivery by overseeing a portfolio of strategic financial services client engagements. The primary goals include:
- Maximizing project team’s ability to deliver successful solutions by creating clear focus and providing team leadership.
- Reducing project risk on Skookum by directing, measuring, tracking, and communicating progress.
- Partnering with client leadership by creating clear lines and communication and supporting daily project routines.
- Partnering with strategic account owners to ensure we align expectations and produce valuable outcomes for clients.
- Partnering with practice leads to ensure we deliver on best practices and processes within service offerings.
- Support the definition and capturing of project health metrics such as gross margin, team allocation, end date, etc.
The Delivery Management team is primarily focused on ensuring constant alignment between our business units, account management team, and client project teams to maximize engagement success. The core responsibilities include:
Pre-Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance around project plan, team roles, and risk during the sales process.
- Support Skookum business units with proposal efforts including approach, resource needs, and timeline estimation.
- Support Sales leadership in transitioning sales knowledge to the service team through pre-kickoff planning sessions.
Project Initiation Responsibilities:
- Support Delivery Operations and strategic account owners on identifying and selecting the final project team members.
- Coordinate with Skookum stakeholders to finalize project approach and methodology to meet client’s needs.
- Coordinate with the Skookum identified project team to determine the methodologies and tools for project delivery.
- Coordinate client introductions, project plan, and pre-project preparation with Skookum’s project team.
Active Project Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic guidance through a full product lifecycle lens to shape the day to day direction of the engagement.
- Provide active coaching to the project team to ensure strategic ranking of client requests and overall needs.
- Ensure the ideal outcome for Skookum and the client is understood and achieved through Skookum’s delivery team.
- Ensure adequate measurement of status and provide reporting to all necessary parties to inform engagement progress.
- Ensure project scope, project team expectations, and client expectations are aligned at all times.
- Support project team in identifying, quantifying, and managing risks related to engagement delivery.
- Provide quality oversight on deliverables prepared by the project team before submitting to client.
- Prepare project team for important presentations and provide feedback to maximize the delivery team’s success.
Sales Support Responsibilities:
- Leverage engagement and product lifecycle knowledge to identify new opportunities for follow-on delivery work.
- Communicate opportunities identified during the engagement to account management and business units teams.
- Support account management and business units with presenting opportunities for follow-on delivery work.
- 10+ years of combined experience in product management, delivery management, digital strategy consulting, and professional services.
- Demonstrated experience leading cross functional product development project teams focused on solutions within the financial services industry.
- Proficient in leading the definition and implementation of digital strategy and customer experience related initiatives.
- Proficient in providing positive and negative feedback to team members without direct functional management alignment.
- Ability to adapt communication style to connect with a diverse client audience such as marketing, operations, product, digital, IT, etc.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university.
- Financial services industry experience or in depth consulting experience with consumer products in retail banking, brokerage, insurance, wealth management, asset management, and payments.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that conduct in depth consumer and business analysis around a specific product suite through workshops, 1 on 1 interviews, and competitive research.
- Deep understanding of design thinking principles that support consumer facing product definition, digital asset creation, and omni-channel experience strategies.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that create cross channel customer journey maps that document consumer paths along a digital product’s journey.
- Demonstrated experience leading teams that produce product insights based on identified gaps between device types (mobile/tablet/web), business departments, or communication channels (chat/email/voice) within the customer journey.
- Knowledge of product development roadmapping and providing detailed recommendations with priorities based on agreed upon product insights.
- Master's degree and/or professional certifications.