Skookum is a digital innovation and transformation consultancy that helps organizations leverage software and the latest technologies to grow revenue, operate efficiently and deliver breakthrough customer experiences.
Our founders teamed up to focus on a mission, which for them held more promise and purpose: to work alongside innovative clients in growing organizations in order to solve their most pressing and complex digital business challenges. Getting started wasn’t easy, but with fierce resolve, an entrepreneurial spirit and a quest for quality, Skookum was born.
Today, those same principles: relentless motivation to succeed, a deep commitment to clients and grit, unite a team of talented business, design and technology professionals around a strong set of values focused on providing clients what they need.
It’s only fitting that the name “Skookum” by definition means: brave, strong and marked by excellence in quality. It defines our culture and our unrelenting promise to those we work with. We thrive on the challenge to amaze and delight our clients.
Skookum is currently looking to add Client Engagement Manager Executives to our team. A Client Engagement Manager Executive is responsible for the acquisition and development of target accounts and the overall relationship of assigned account(s), including account growth, quality of delivery, client satisfaction, risk management, profitability, and client team effectiveness.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Successfully managing multiple and/or complex consulting projects at one or more clients through hands-on delivery
- Developing partnership relationships with the client’s executive level personnel
- Lead business and market development efforts including identifying opportunities, developing relationships, scoping prospective engagements, and developing proposals
- Utilize technical and industry knowledge to identify complex client issues and build long-term business relationships with key executives through engagement delivery and networking in professional organizations
- Manage and provide leadership to teams of staff level professionals and become actively involved in staff development and practice management
- Participate in business development by identifying new opportunities and driving proposal development
- Assessing client risk and mitigate on an ongoing basis
- Driving new account acquisition through developing and implementing target account strategies
- Managing client investments and portfolio of projects to meet or exceed margin forecasts
- Developing professional network through association memberships, speaking and writing engagements and community activities
- Coordinate relationship-building activities with appropriate Partners, Engagement Managers, subject-matter professionals and other Skookum personnel on the client engagement team(s) in an effort to help determine they are well advised on important matters
- Provide leadership to Client Engagement, build cross-team rapport with Delivery teams
- Coaching and mentor junior staff and promote Skookum culture throughout organization and client team
- Successfully navigating crucial conversations, including personnel performance, client expectation setting, and MSA & rate terms
- Meet specific business relationship goals at assigned accounts as well as report and measure progress against quarterly goals with national/area/industry leadership.
- 12+ years of management consulting, advisory, professional services and/or Big 4 consulting experience
- Experience in supporting business expansion opportunities within existing accounts and bringing on new business opportunities
- Proposal development experience including the ability to effectively sell business solutions to clients
- Running projects and managing teams; and delivery experience driving business requirements, identifying gaps and omissions, and designing solutions
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- Ability to convey how exceptional interpersonal skills have resulted in business relationships of trust, confidence and results
- Demonstrated leadership, client management, and project management skills, along with a strong business development track record
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior level executives
- Master's degree and/or professional certifications
- In-depth understanding of Project Finance, Revenue Planning and Forecasting
- Leadership experience in continuous improvement initiatives and operations