We believe that good technology improves our daily lives in ways that few things can. We exist to inspire and enable those wanting to create exceptional software and digital experience. We aim to build the most impactful, sought-after, and well-run technology services company in the world. Our decision making and approach to work are based on the principles of our Core Values: Choose to be Happy, Embrace Change, Own It, Simplify and Go, and Give More Than You Take.
About the Job
Product Strategists on the Digital Strategy & Customer Experience (DSCX) team lead cross-functional teams in designing modern experiences that meet user needs and drive business value for Skookum’s clients. You possess a unique blend of problem-solving skills, business acumen, big-picture vision, and drive to make visions reality. You are a doer with a bias towards action in ambiguous environments. You roll up your sleeves, dive into unknown solutions, and bring ideas to life. You believe that every problem is solvable. You have an inherent optimism to embrace the possibility.
Product Strategists foster creativity, innovation, and customer engagement. You help clients redefine their customer experience by leveraging research, analytics, and industry-specific insights to visualize, design, and transform their client’s end-to-end digital strategy from within. You immerse yourself in your client's and their customer's world — stepping into their shoes, understanding their lives, and solving problems from their perspective. As a thought leader, you understand the power of disruptive technology and inspire your clients to think beyond the current landscape. You push the bounds of what is possible for clients and our company by creating ideas and delivering impactful solutions out into the world.
The Product Strategist role at Skookum is tailored to the needs of our digital client services organization. The core functions of the role combine client consulting, product management, and experience strategy into one. Below is a description of each function:
Client Consultant - Primary point of contact and trusted advisor to C-suite / CXO-level clients. Responsible for influencing and delivering the vision and business case of solutions to the client. Manage client communications and day-to-day interactions from project planning through execution.
Product/Project Manager - Inspire and lead a talented team of designers, developers, and other product strategists. Must be able to break down complex problems to identify project needs, communicate those needs to the internal team, and manage the execution of the project to ensure the solution is delivered.
Experience Strategist - Partner with clients to evaluate digital solutions and improve customer experience strategies to drive value, reduce cost, and build competitive advantage. Must be able to collaborate with diverse clients to understand their end-to-end omni-channel experience and determine feasibility, requirements, and priority for design and development.
- Consult with Skookum’s clients to understand their strategic business objectives and the barriers they face to meet these goals
- Translate business and user needs into user flows, feature maps, user stories, etc.
- Develop omni-channel Journey Maps, Experience Maps, and Service Blueprints to create an understanding of customer experiences
- Design and lead discovery and research to understand clients’ customers’s journeys across all touch points and interactions
- Evaluate customers’ needs through interviews and ethnography
- Work with client’s analytics teams to conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses
- Project Leadership
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate workshops including design thinking, empathy building, ideation, et al.
- Partner with designers to create testable concepts to validate hypotheses and solve for high-impact opportunities or optimize existing experiences
- Collaborate with developers to determine the feasibility of requirements and prioritize recommendations to facilitate decision-making
- Lead the project team to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and delight users
- Validate recommendations and solutions through quantifiable prototyping, user testing, and usability studies.
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Mentor team members to help them grow their digital toolkit and client consulting abilities
- Partner with the Business Development team to craft proposal responses and contribute to scoping work
- Author and contribute to thought leadership through blog posts, Skookum Perspectives, and trend analysis
- Influence stakeholders and help guide conversations to desired outcomes
- 5+ years of relevant consulting, digital agency, or industry experience in user experience, digital strategy, or product management
- Understands and has knowledge in UX/UI best practices
- Experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams of designers and engineers
- Thorough understanding of project management principles, client relationship management, and software development methodologies
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex business problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and workshop facilitation skills
- Strong business acumen, technical aptitude, and executive voice
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and negotiate
- Quick learning and adapting to new projects with minimal supervision
We never do the same thing twice. We build business-critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Flexible PTO and work-from-home policies
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits, starting on day 1
- Friday company lunches, company outings, along with beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location-specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble, or other platforms.