Skookum is a solution focused digital consulting firm with clients all over the United States. Our business is growing rapidly, and we are looking to add new talent to our team.
Product Strategists on the product team lead cross-functional teams in driving innovative digital solutions that meet user needs and drive business value for our clients. You possess a unique blend of problem-solving skills, business acumen, big-picture vision, and drive to deliver results.
As a Product Strategist, you will showcase the ability to foster creativity, drive innovation, and manage customer engagement. You will guide clients on redefining their customer experience by leveraging research, analytics, and industry-specific insights to transform their end-to-end digital strategy.
- Consult with clients to understand and convey strategic business objectives
- Manage multiple projects from start to finish in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Influence stakeholders and help guide conversations to desired outcomes
- Evaluate end-users’ needs through interviews and ethnography
- Translate business and user needs into user flows, feature maps, user stories, etc.
- Design, coordinate, and facilitate workshops including design thinking, empathy building, and ideation
- Develop omni-channel Journey Maps, Experience Maps, and Service Blueprints to create an understanding of customer experiences
- Partner with designers and developers to create testable concepts to validate hypotheses and solve for high-impact opportunities or optimize existing experiences
- Lead the project team to deliver solutions that meet business requirements and delight users
- Partner with the Business Development team to craft proposal responses and contribute to scoping work
- Collaborate with developers to determine feasibility of requirements and prioritize recommendations to facilitate decision-making
The Product Strategy role comprises three primary functions:
- Client Consultant - Primary point of contact and trusted advisor to C-suite / CXO-level clients. Responsible for influencing and delivering the vision and business case of solutions to the client. Must be able to collaborate with clients to set priority for design and development.
- Product Manager - Inspire and lead a talented team of designers, developers, QA, and other product strategists. Must be able to break down complex problems to identify project needs, communicate those needs to the internal team, and manage the execution of the project to ensure the solution is delivered.
- Project Coordinator - Manage client communications and day-to-day interactions from project planning through execution. Must be able to coordinate development efforts, communicate status, and instill a sense of progress.
- 3-5 years of relevant consulting, digital agency, or industry experience in user experience, digital strategy, or product management
- Understands and has knowledge in UX/UI best practices
- Experience leading and collaborating with cross-functional teams of designers and engineers
- Thorough understanding of Agile principles, client relationship management, and software development methodologies
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments while utilizing excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to quickly grasp and solve complex business problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including presentation and workshop facilitation
- Strong business acumen, technical aptitude, and executive voice
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and negotiate
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new projects with minimal supervision
Nice to Haves:
- Demonstrated ability leading an effective Agile team
- Working knowledge of user experience journey maps
- Experience leading and facilitating user interviews
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience creating and refining user stories for software development
- Understanding emerging business trends and how to outperform specific industry’s competition
We never do the same thing twice. We build business critical applications. We tackle problems we don’t always know how to solve. Every day, every project is a new challenge to conquer. You will have the opportunity to push yourself and grow.
We have offices in beautiful Charlotte, NC and Denver, CO. We believe in work/life balance. Seriously. We offer a ton of competitive perks, including:
- Continuing education opportunities
- Open PTO policy
- 401K matching
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Friday company lunches, beer and a lot of snacks
- Health and wellness programs
- Other location specific perks (just ask!)
If Skookum sounds like the place for you, please submit an application. Also, let us know if you have a presence online with a blog, Twitter, GitHub, Dribbble or other platform.