SixSpeed is looking for a Full Stack Developer to join its growing digital team in Minneapolis. This full-time position requires inspiration and collaboration, which we believe benefits from a bustling office environment and face-to-face interaction. Therefore, the Full Stack Developer position will be on-site.
This position will work closely with our Technical Director and our digital team to constantly push the limits of what's possible for our brands’ user experience. While there will be an emphasis on back-end development, we are looking for top talent who isn't afraid to wear multiple hats in order to help us continue building our digital team. This person must be comfortable with fast-paced, evolving job expectations. SixSpeed is rapidly growing and those with an entrepreneurial mindset will excel. The Full Stack Developer's focus is to implement the functional aspects of projects while aligning with our creative team's vision and the projects’ requirements.
- Create and maintain applications that suit our clients’ needs
- Be open to using multiple technologies in order to accomplish our goals
- Ability to convert client and team issues into implemented solutions
- Willingness to work with all aspects of a website, application, or other technical solutions
- Have a broad vision on projects to ensure all aspects are accounted for and functioning as expected
- Constantly collaborate and share knowledge with your team members
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- Works well in a team environment and respects and welcomes ideas from others
- Expertise with PHP object-oriented programming & MVC application
- Experience in WordPress, CodeIgniter, Laravel, CakePHP, and/or Shopify
- Familiarity or experience with automated deployment strategies
- Experience with Linux server administration and AWS
- Experience with SQL optimization
- Experience with web application performance tuning
- Familiarity with Memcached and Redis
- Experience with common JS/CSS frameworks such as jQuery, Ember.js, React, and SASS
- Passion for optimizing pages, images, scripts, and web services for scale and performance
- 2-5 years of relative experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- A portfolio showcasing your work
BEING A “SIXSPEEDER”
You’re driven, genuine, fearless, spontaneous, positive and hard working. These are the qualities of a SixSpeeder we hold with the highest regard. You make yourself indispensable to your team by tackling challenges head-on and crossing the finish line together.