At Sisu, we're building a software platform that empowers people to make better decisions using data. Based on years of cutting-edge data systems research at Stanford, the platform provides actionable insights to businesses from their data. We use novel data mining and machine learning techniques to produce these insights and deliver them through an elegant, modern web interface.
We’re looking for fullstack engineers to join our growing team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects: from building React on our frontend to Rust internals of our backend; from thinking about design and product specs to figuring out how to scale our data ingest to gracefully handle terabytes of data -- all in the name of building a powerful next-generation analytics platform.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Ship many business-critical features
- Develop our Typescript/ React / Redux frontend, Python / Flask web app, and Rust analytics backend
- Cultivate your design skills and transform Figma mocks into working prototypes
- Deploy and scale Sisu’s app over our cloud infrastructure (we run Kubernetes over AWS)
- Shape the engineering culture and mentor new engineers as our small, dynamic team grows
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience building modern web applications
- Experience with backend application architecture and data management
- Solid computer science fundamentals
Nice to haves:
- Fluency in HTML, CSS, and ES6
- Experience with Typescript, Redux, Webpack, Sass, or Reactstrap
- Experience with Python and Flask
- Experience with Java and relational query processing
- Fluency in Rust
- Experience with applied machine learning
For a growth-oriented software engineer, there’s no better environment to advance your career, develop your skills, and make an impact along the way. As you mature in this role, you’ll have the chance to work with global leaders, learn from industry mavericks, and help build an amazing, eclectic, and supportive organization at Sisu.
Sisu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.