At Sisu, we're building a software platform that empowers people to make better decisions using data. Based on years of cutting-edge data systems research at Stanford, the platform helps organizations of all sizes use all their data, in real time, to diagnose their most critical business metrics. We use novel data mining and machine learning techniques to find the facts buried in enterprise data and deliver them through an elegant, modern web interface.
As an Engineering Manager at Sisu you’ll be instrumental shaping our architecture, product, and company culture. As a rapidly growing Series B company, we’re looking for a leader who has had success scaling teams and shipping enterprise-grade product. You should be intuitive and methodical to solve our most difficult problems.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Manage and build a diverse team of 6-10 highly technical engineers while fostering an expressive and inclusive environment
- Provide career planning, growth, and mentorship
- Deliver WOW to our customers by improving the quality of our product and teamwork
- Play a pivotal role in scaling our team, product and performance
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Have a product focus and think about the end user
- Experience negotiating scope with product managers and designers, and experience coaching engineers on scope negotiation
- Compelling and clear communication skills
- High degree of emotional intelligence, including the ability to both effectively engage and inspire one’s team members
- Experience with backend application services and data management
Nice to haves:
- Fluency with a manual memory-managed language (C++, Rust, etc.)
- Understanding of relational query processing and database internals