At Sisu, we're building a software platform that empowers people to make better decisions using data. Based on years of cutting-edge data systems research at Stanford, the platform provides actionable insights to businesses from their data. We use novel data mining and machine learning techniques to produce these insights and deliver them through an elegant, modern web interface.
As a backend software engineer at Sisu, you’ll play a critical role in designing, developing, and scaling Sisu's analytics backend. You’ll have the opportunity to work on challenging technical problems combining data management, distributed systems, and data mining to build a next-generation analytics platform.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Ship many business-critical features
- Develop our Rust analytics backend and Python / Flask web app
- Deploy and scale Sisu’s app over our cloud infrastructure (we run Kubernetes over AWS)
- Shape the engineering culture and mentor new engineers as our small, dynamic team grows
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Fluency with a manual memory-managed language (C++, Rust, etc.)
- Experience with backend application architecture and data management
- Understanding of relational query processing and database internals
- Solid computer science fundamentals
Nice to haves:
- Understanding of distributed computation, streaming execution, and sketching algorithms
- Fluency in Rust and Java
- Experience with Python and Flask
For a growth-oriented software engineer, there’s no better environment to advance your career, develop your skills, and make an impact along the way. As you mature in this role, you’ll have the chance to work with global leaders, learn from industry mavericks, and help build an amazing, eclectic, and supportive organization at Sisu.
Sisu is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.