We are looking for a talented, dependable, and experienced Collections Specialist to assist our client with some key deliverables, located downtown Houston, TX. This is a W2 Contract for $17.00/hr.
Summary: This position is responsible for performing collection activity on retail commercial and industrial electric service accounts. Reviews and analyzes accounts for payment and prioritizes customer contact. Researches issues related to customer disputes and payment posting issues. They are also responsible for preparing reports for tracking efficiency and effectiveness of their collection efforts.
• Monitor accounts for payment.
• Analyze disputed accounts.
• Reconcile receivables.
• Conduct skip tracing when contact information is not available
• Communicate with customer regarding delinquent accounts via telephone, email, fax, and US Mail.
• Disposition disputes and billing inquiries to appropriate areas.
• Negotiate payment plans.
• Process credit card and bank draft payments.
• Document account regarding collection efforts.
Experience: A minimum of six months credit/collections/customer care experience required. Six months experience in the energy field preferred. Knowledge of SAP/CCS preferred.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
• Proficient mathematical/analytical skills.
• SAP knowledge preferred.