System Administrators work as part of a team to develop and maintain Linux/Windows web hosting computer systems and report system status updates to customers.
Our System Administrators are responsible for complex client issues, setups, internal servers, securing servers as well as maintaining the overall satisfaction of our clients by ensuring that issues are handled to the level of quality that is expected of SingleHop.
System Administrators should be well versed in trending technologies, past technologies and assisting clients with implementing changes on their setups to grow with increased traffic. Some examples would be CPanel configurations and troubleshooting, WebMail troubleshooting, performance logging of servers, Apache site configuration and troubleshooting, assisting clients via phone ticketing system, and general OS level (CentOS6/7) troubleshooting, and ordering/installing SSL certificates.
System Administrators should have an understanding of how various software programs are configured as well as an understanding of web hosting control panels. They are responsible for maintaining rapport with our clients and resolving issues within a timely manner or maintaining communication with clients until an issue is resolved.
Objectives & Responsibilities
- Working within ticket and phone systems to provide managed services to a variety of different server solutions, including but not limited to: baremetal servers, virtualized environments, remote clouds, Linux systems (CentOS, Ubuntu, RHEL, etc), Windows Servers (2008/r2, 2012/r2, 2016), as well as firewall devices
- Monitoring hardware and software remotely, providing alerts as necessary
- On-Call support for issues off-hour that Team Leaders are unable to resolve
- Assisting development team with scripting to automate server-related tasks i.e BASH, Perl, PowerShell
- Mitigating Denial of Service attacks, brute-forcing attempts as well as securing servers/networks to mitigate possibility
- Assisting with the setup and deployment of PCI/HIPAA compliant solutions
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or similar technical discipline preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (4 years)
- Strong organizational and communication skills required
- Familiarity with system administration on several variants of Linux, including, but not limited to: Debian/RH/Centos and Windows Server (2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016)
- Experience with Control Panel products such as Cpanel and Plesk required
- Strong experience with web hosting control panels (cPanel/Plesk)
- Troubleshoot issues relating to Apache, PHP, MySQL, DNS, SSH, SSL, Email (POP3/IMAP/SMTP), FTP. TCP/IP networking, and Firewall Configurations
- Tracking high CPU usage, or disk I/O
- Ability to perform periodic software and hardware system updates, upgrades, backups and security patches
- Must be comfortable in self-managed environment, as well with team tasks
- Physical Requirements: must be able to lift 50 pounds
Candidates with the following skills/experience will be given preference:
- Knowledge of web acceleration technologies such as nginx, lighttpd, varnish and php caching engines
- Advance shell scripting, we utilize BASH/Perl/Powershell to automate various tasks to reduce necessity of intervention
- Windows server management
- Windows clustering
- Networking experience
- Ability to work in a large (1000+ server) and complex hosting operations environment
- Experience multitasking between incoming support requests and phone calls
Please note: Only candidates who possess authorization to work in the US will be considered. Additionally, strong preference will be given to candidates in the local Orlando, FL area; no relocation assistance is available for this role.