A Key Account Manager will be responsible for managing, and growing relationships with INAP’s Mid-Market and Enterprise customer base. A true salesperson, this individual will accept chats, tickets, and phone calls from INAP’s existing strategic client base as well as proactively reach out to customers to grow and sustain INAP’s portfolio. Total new monthly recurring revenues, churn, and client growth are the primary responsibilities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage a portfolio of high value clients; ensure client satisfaction through consistent communication with client base.
● Foster growth within client base by selling upgrades and additional services.
● Be responsible for all phases of the renewal sales process and maintaining customer contact regularly throughout the year.
● Work with customers to ensure they are maximizing SingleHop’s products/services and achieving success.
● Taking leads from existing client base. Growing client base through upsells and additional services.
● Understand product strengths, functionality, services and pricing models in sufficient depth to qualify and upsell new business.
● Track sales process and forecasting of coming weeks deals and activities within Salesforce.com/Netsuite system.
● Perform sales activities by reaching out to and responding to existing clients, performing online product demonstrations, Quarterly Business Reviews, Customer Check-Ins, and occasional on-site presentations.
● Present key selling points/features and benefits while focusing the message on customer needs and expectations.
● Manage time (daily and weekly) to best allow for multiple client visits and/or calls within each work week to facilitate long sales cycle.
● Work to achieve deals and new clients without sacrificing (large discounting or low profit margin).
● Provide pipeline reports to leadership on weekly basis.
● Provide timely reporting to Management regarding daily performance and activities.
● Attend weekly sales meetings and trainings.
● Communicate any operational problems to the Sales Manager on a timely basis.
● Responsible for following client review guidelines/process to ensure that fraudulent clients are not accepted.
● Achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals set by leadership.
● Achieve recognized monthly recurring revenue growth month over month.
● Ensure that client concerns are addressed, and clients understand their contact(s) to reach out to for questions/problems.
● Provide clear alignment with new client concerning their account(s) and products and services to be provided by INAP in accord with pricing agreements.
● Maintain an honest, professional demeanor when communicating with team and clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
● Effective organizational and time management skills
● Must possess strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication and customer relationship skills
● Demonstrates persistence, overcomes obstacles, and strives to improve skills and achieve goals
● Consistently moves the customer or prospect towards commitment and closes sales that exceed customer expectations
● Ability to meet or exceed individual goals set by team manager
● Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, and flexible
● Positive attitude, with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
● Must have a background in Cloud, Colocation, and/or Infrastructure as a Service
Education & Work Experience Required:
● BA/BS undergraduate degree and 2-5 years successful technology sales experience
● Experience in an inbound/outbound call metrics-focused environment
● Experience with Microsoft Office and Salesforce/Netsuite
● Experience attaining >$1M annual quotas