The Senior Account Executive is responsible for delivering sales results within his/her assigned geography. This individual will leverage INAP services to attain his/her assigned Business Unit sales quota including: Cloud (Agile), or Managed Hosting, Colocation, IP Services, and CDN. A successful Sr. AE has exceptional organizational skills; written and verbal communication skills; a demonstrated ability to multi-task; and strong desire to prospect and close New Logo business. He/she is a high-intensity, ‘hunter’ with a demonstrated track record of aggressively building a funnel and translating opportunities into orders. Industry related selling experience and/or technical competency are strongly preferred.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
· Complete all company required training, but pro-actively seek and obtain the knowledge/capabilities to enable sales success in your market.
· Understand and articulate (orally, written, PowerPoint presentation) the company value proposition into specific customer benefits
· Build the sales funnel:
Ø “Cold” lead development – telesales, hosted industry events (open-houses, product demos, etc), cold-calling, follow-up marketing lead generated opportunities, etc.
Ø “Warm” lead development – existing account expansion, RFP response, former account recovery, etc.
· Meet/exceed sales quotas
· Identify and develop partners to accelerate sales (agents, datacenter partners, VARs, resellers, etc)
· Attend training on sales techniques, technology, presentation skills.
· Develop familiarity with Salesforce.com and utilize as basis for: contact management database, sales opportunity tracking, sales forecast and report generation.
· BA/BS degree required or Associates Degree with 5+ years of relevant work and industry experience.
· MBA Desired.
· 5 yrs+ outside sales experience with consistent > 100% quota attainment.
· Preferred outside sales experience in IT, Public or private cloud services, hosting and/or colocation.
· Success translating customer goals into a sales strategy to support revenue achievement
KEY Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
· Knowledge of financial models to ensure opportunity meets INAP goals and targets
· Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
· Ability to overcome customers’ objections, and qualify opportunities.
· Effective stand up presentation skills
· Effective listening skills.
· Excellent written and electronic communication skills.
· Maintains professional appearance and demeanor.
· Ability to work collaboratively with all departments on sales issues.
· Demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct.
· Self starter with positive, optimistic attitude.
· Ability to develop an effective sales call plan.