The Inside Account Executive is primarily responsible for bringing in new business through leads generated from marketing, outbound and networking efforts. A true hunter, this individual will prospect, develop new accounts, and communicate with prospective clients through outbound efforts. The Account Executive also works with the Channel Team to close business developed through the channel. The primary KPI is net new month recurring revenue.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
● Qualify sales leads generated through outbound cold calling activities and originate new business from these leads. INAP also provides a very detailed prospecting tool (DiscoverOrg) to conduct market research.
● Making initial sales contact to evaluate and understand a prospect’s business needs, assess their comprehensive IT needs, security posture and make recommendations as to next steps.
● Taking leads and developing them into prospects by communicating INAP’s value proposition and position messaging.
● Cold calling and identifying decision makers within prospect’s organizations.
● Maintaining the database, including comprehensive data entry for each opportunity, setting alerts for follow-up and lead tracking.
● Maintaining current knowledge of INAP’s products/services and competitive differences.
● Understand product strengths, functionality, services and pricing models in sufficient depth to qualify and convert new business.
● Track sales process and forecasting of coming weeks deals and activities within CRM system.
● Perform sales activities, including prospecting, qualifying prospects, performing online product demonstrations, and occasional on-site presentations.
● Present key selling points/features and benefits while focusing the message on customer needs and expectations.
● Manage time (daily and weekly) to best allow for multiple client visits and/or calls within each work week to facilitate long sales cycle.
● Work to achieve deals and new clients without sacrificing (large discounting or low profit margin).
● Responsible for following client review guidelines/process to ensure that fraudulent clients are not accepted.
● Provide pipeline reports to leadership on weekly basis.
● Provide timely reporting to Management regarding daily performance and activities.
● Attend weekly sales meetings and trainings.
● Communicate any operational problems to the Inside Sales Manager on a timely basis.
● Achieve monthly, quarterly, and yearly goals set by leadership.
● Achieve recognized monthly recurring revenue growth month over month.
● Ensure that client concerns are addressed and clients understand their contact(s) to reach out to for questions/problems.
● Provide clear alignment with new client concerning their account(s) and products and services to be provided by INAP in accord with pricing agreements.
● Maintain an honest, professional demeanor when communicating with team and clients.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
● Effective organizational and time management skills
● Must possess strong interpersonal, verbal, written communication and customer relationship skills
● Experience with Microsoft Office and able to quickly learn new systems
● Demonstrates persistence, overcomes obstacles, and strives to improve skills and achieve goals
● Consistently moves the customer or prospect towards commitment and closes sales that exceed customer expectations
● Ability to meet or exceed individual goals set by team manager
● Must be highly self-motivated, detail-oriented, organized, eager to learn and flexible
● Positive attitude, with the desire to work in a rapid-growth, entrepreneurial environment
Education & Work Experience Required:
● BA/BS undergraduate degree
● 2-5 years of successful technology sales experience required
● Experience attaining annual quotas and pipeline coverage.
Quotas are realistic and designed for maximum achievement and earnings potential