Our Shift Supervisors are the first line of escalation for support issues within the company. They are responsible for maintaining the overall satisfaction of our clients by ensuring that issues are handled to the level of quality that is expected of INAP.
Shift Supervisors should be versed in trending technologies, past technologies and assisting clients with implementing changes on their setups to grow with increased traffic. Some examples would be high availability clustering, SQL replication, message queuing systems and fringe technologies such as Cassandra. However, their primary responsibility is to ensure customer issues are addresses quickly and properly. They are responsible for being aware of ongoing issue during their shift and for passing that information on to the next shift supervisor.
- Act as the first point of contact for issues requiring escalation.
- Responsible for the quality and service delivered to each customer.
- Must possess solid leadership skills.
- Must have excellent follow-up skills, customer service skills and a positive attitude.
- Expected to lead by example and have a deep commitment to both exemplary customer service and support.
- Display integrity, trust passion and personal ownership by providing the highest level of customer-driven support to internal and external customers.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Must have a solid understanding of the company-wide interdepartmental escalation and delegation procedures.
- Keeps higher-level management informed of group strengths and/or weaknesses.
- Perform other various duties as assigned.
- 2-3 Years experience in a supervisory role within a technical support team
- Experience fine-tuning firewalls such as iptables and/or Cisco ASA
- Strong knowledge of a linux subsystem
- Utilizing strace/gdb to diagnose issues
- Strong understanding of configuring and optimizing various technologies utilizing various analysis tools
- Isolating and identifying reasons for misbehaving setups
- Experience utilizing bug trackers and patching
- File system concepts (inode, paging, swapping, clustering, logical partitions, etc)
- Experience with virtualization technologies (kvm,xen,hyper-v)
- Strong experience with web hosting control panels (CPanel/Plesk)
- Strong experience with most common protocols/daemons HTTP, FTP, DNS, SMTP, etc.
- Experience with high availability environments (Hardware/software load balancing, SQL replication, failover, DRBD, heartbeat etc)
- Strong Customer Service Background
- Good communication skills as well as the ability to assist and lead with Team Leaders
- Must be comfortable in self-managed and team tasks