Develop applications and tools that will be utilized internally (staff) and externally (clients) in collaboration with project manager to ensure consistent and timely implementations.
The INAP Company, is located in Downtown Chicago, so it is very convenient for both Metra & CTA commuters. We offer a casual work environment and a generous benefits package, including free snacks and beverages.
Objectives and Responsibilities
● Contribute to requirements gathering, architecture, design and implementation of enterprise class UI and web portals
● Deliver on software projects using proven development processes (Agile/SCRUM)
● Seek opportunity to bring in continuous improvements to implement front-end best practices and web application layer implementation for usability, performance, scalability, and security
● Proven ability to handle multiple, complex technical projects and have the flexibility to work in a very dynamic environment
● We spend a lot of time developing automation code that use other services and tools to manage networks and VM's. VMWare is our virtualization platform of choice but automating AWS Objects is also one of the Development Groups responsibilities. For some development and testing environments, you will be expected to install and configure basic system to use. The development projects may need new technologies, were it is up to the developer to design and architect a solution to integrate it into legacy systems. The development group will then review this solution.
● 3+ Years Experience with PHP
● 3+ Years Experience with mySQL Database
● 3+ Years Experience with Python
● 4+ Years Application Development using one or more of the following frameworks Symfony/Laravel/Yii/Zend.
● 2+ Years Application Development using one or more of the following frameworks CherryPy/Flask/Django/Bottle.
● Hands on experience developing using defined coding and security standards.
● Experience developing using an IDE PHPStorm/VSCode/Eclipse/Netbeans/Sublime.
● Proven strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
● Hands on experience using Git and GitHub
● Experience with VMWare APIs(VSphere and VCloud) a plus
● Experience implementing/designing codes sing software development patterns preferred
● Experience with ReactJS and Flux Architecture a plus
● Experience in Single Pane of Glass web applications a plus
● Experience in Service-oriented architecture (SOA)
● Experience with the MVC standard
● Good understanding of modern coding security practices
● Ability to work to work on multiple projects at once
● Ability to work independently or in a team setting
● Ability to comply with company developed coding standards and platforms
● An understanding of the hosting industry (previous employment or you’ve owned a server/vm)
● Linux Server Administration experience a plus
● Experience with basic networking skills a plus (IP assignment, routers and switches, etc.)