Simplus is a Platinum Salesforce Consulting Partner and the leader in Salesforce Quote-to-Cash implementations. We are looking for candidates who can challenge the status quo, resolve tough problems, and make complex things, simple.
As a member of Simplus we all have three (3) primary responsibilities:
- Be a critical thinker: solve tough problems for the world’s biggest brands, work together, and be relentless in ensuring successful outcomes for clients.
- Be a steward: look after each other and the company on our collective journey to success by being accountable, doing the right thing, and promoting a caring corporate culture.
- Be an underdog: be determined, crafty, spirited, resilient, and tenacious. Challenge conventional wisdom and refuse to take no for an answer.
This is an opportunity to join the front lines of the emerging Managed Services team at Simplus. In conjunction with stellar technology and process, the Customer Success Manager will drive long term success and adoption as a trusted advisor to the Customer. These CSMs are the critical liaisons by which inbound and outbound activities will occur between the customer and our Managed Services technical team.
Responsibilities – Customer Success Manager
● Supporting new customer onboarding, knowledge transfer and setup of operations (processes and workflows, training/customer education, support portal, project, etc.)
● Liaison and coordination with offshore managed services teams to clarify issues, analyze problems and requirements
● Create and document change and enhancement requirements
● Handling the preparation and distribution of reporting on SLAs in line with our commitments to customers and helping to answer any questions arising from this reporting quickly and accurately
● Ensuring effective communication to customer stakeholders in the event of a SLA disruption, and owning escalations as it relates to service delivery
● Strong intellectual and salesforce operations depth, coupled with effective executive presence and a communication style that conveys expertise and instills confidence
● Identify and act quickly on opportunities to enhance customer experience
● Strong customer-centric mindset and ability to build and maintain strong, collaborative and effective relationships internally and externally
● Capacity to orchestrate and drive impact in processes throughout the Managed Services organization
● Interact with Salesforce and 3rd Party ISVs as necessary on behalf of the customers as it relates to day to day case work
● Knowledge of Cloud Computing (SaaS, PaaS) and Salesforce.com, either through work at industry participants or consulting to the industry.
● 2+ years experience with Salesforce administration, development, or configuration
● Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and be creative within a team
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
All of our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization.
Typical Day Snapshot – Customer Success Manager
1. Work towards closure of incidents/problems
2. Development of enhancements and successfully releasing them into production
3. Managing demand and resource load to meet challenge #1 and #2
Solving these challenges starts with our daily standup. This is a 15 minute call chaired by the CSM and Lead Consultant.
Purpose: To determine daily workload and review weekly priorities. Adjustments to the team are made based on the information provided in this standup. If challenges arise, those are presented and separate meetings are scheduled to discuss solutions with a targeted audience.
Individuals (devs/BAs) work on their current tasks, including incidents/problems and enhancement milestones. Issues that arise as part of the daily standup or as work is performed is escalated to the CSM, who helps the resource, identify other resources that can help and will schedule calls with the agents and the customer/business owner.
Challenges include, fuzzy requirements, conflicting information, technical, etc.
Additionally, the CSM will coordinate any Simplus owned activities regarding release management. This includes coordinating with QA resources, scheduling release to minimize impact with business users, etc. This varies from customer to customer and will be determined as part of generally operating procedures.
The weekly status call is managed by the CSM and Lead Consultant. This call is used to discuss work priorities and allows for a touch point to change those priorities. Utilization is also reviewed during this meeting. Upcoming releases are discussed and release plans/schedules are reviewed.
The CAB is chaired by the Simplus onshore leader along with a representative from the Customer. This meeting happens frequently and consistently as determined by the OpCos. CSMs and Offshore delivery leadership are participants.
Purpose: To determine prioritization of activities including day to day work, releases and manage any resource collisions. Requirement disputes are also brought to the CAB for remediation.
● P1 escalation - someone will always be there to take actions (customer facing).
● Estimating work - Any task over 8 hours requires a level of effort estimation, over 40 hours is scoped as a micro project