Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 200 employees and more than a quarter million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard working team an independent, talented, top-notch Quality Assurance Developer with great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve
The Quality Assurance (QA) Developer will be responsible for performing daily analysis and execution of test efforts of multiple product releases across product divisions as defined by the company’s product managers. This position will require professional growth and self-discipline in order to take on additional skills sets as required. The QA Developer works directly with Product Developers and Product Managers.
- Learn and understand the functionality of the Simpleview Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Content Management System (CMS) applications and other current SaaS products
- Assist in the documentation of test artifacts (test plans, test results, etc.) and execution of test cases from design documentation and functional specifications
- Responsible for writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development and software application development
- Following quality procedures and test standards, execute manual and automated tests for multiple software builds within scheduled releases. Test approaches include client/server, white-box, black-box, positive/negative, and relational database testing. Test types include functional, integration, regression, UAT, and performance/stress.
- Proactively troubleshoot with Product Managers and Product Engineers and other QA Testers
- Analyze test results, and documentation of defects/issues in Simpleview Projects CRM
- Document defects/issues including relevant brief descriptions of the issue with detailed steps to replicate. With attention to top priority issues, proactively alert product owners.
- Works with all Product Managers to test production releases and performs periodic audits between releases
- Conducts regression and integration testing with other partner products and systems
- Manages test automation libraries and performs updates to tests as appropriate.
- Works with Product Managers on new products to assure that testability and quality is “baked” into the product. This includes but is not limited to creating unit tests using Clients and Server side scripting.
- Able to accurately classify issues according to their business impact, and advise project/product stakeholders of their implications
- Responsible for conducting the QA Process for all large work orders prior to launch and delivery. Once completed, supply a list of prioritized items to the Product Manager.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting overall success and improvement rate as it relates to the QA process and its impact
- Experience in testing websites or web applications in multiple browsers and mobile applications
- Experience in creating and defining unit tests
- Relevant BA/BS or equivalent technical training and professional work experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years Quality Assurance experience and/or combined information systems analysis, design, development or implementation experience
- Familiarity with testing methodologies and concepts
- Ability to support and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders across multiple products
- Beginning to Intermediate proficiency in establishing/documenting/executing test strategies/plans/cases from business and functional requirements
- Experience using testing tools such as TestComplete to automate test efforts
- Knowledge of and experience with formal Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC); experience with Agile development a plus
- Experience using bug tracking software specifying test requirements, planning tests, running tests and tracking defects including compatibility (desktop and mobile)
- Intermediate proficiency with Databases, including building simple SQL statements to verify reports and test results
- Proven interpersonal, analytical, attention to detail/strategy, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and self-motivation skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Must work a minimum of 2080 hours in a calendar year
- Attendance, arriving at office on time
- Projects/tickets completed by due date and under budget
- Quality execution of tickets and projects
- Adherence to Simpleview’s Mission Statement and Core Values
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help & loads more