Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 200 employees and more than a quarter million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard working team an independent, talented, top-notch UI / UX Developer with great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
The UI / UX Developer provides clear, pragmatic and forward facing direction for Simpleview’s web based products. The UI / UX Developer must work closely with various departments and teams on the creation and implementation of various UI / UX Elements. To accomplish this, you must be able articulate and illustrate solutions to these challenges. The ability to prototype and implement your proposals combined with industry practices and focus group research is also critical to the success of this role and a high level of HTML and CSS expertise is required. The UI / UX Developer reports to the Product Manager.
- Create wireframes for various use cases and display requirements.
- Provide expertise to our creative and production teams to balance usability and visual appeal.
- Improve and optimize Simpleview’s CSS and HTML standards for production and creative teams, using the principles of progressive enhancement for modern and legacy browsers.
- Communicating scenarios, end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs with other members of the team.
- Understanding Simpleview products and end user workflows that enable productivity and task completion.
- Proven track record of creating and or enhancing complex SAAS based products. A portfolio of previous work is required.
- The ability to take conceptual requirements and define, prototype the UI / UX requirements.
- As UI/UX developer you must be able to clearly articulate and discuss concepts and proposed solutions with various teams and or experts.
- Excellent wire-framing skills to illustrate various UX workflows and accompanying UI elements for a variety of display requirements (desktop, tablet, mobile etc…)
- Conduct usability studies with focus groups collect and present results and findings.
- Must be have a high level of expertise with Adobe’s Creative Suite and other tools required to meet the goals above.
- Ability to work well with ambiguity or when requirements are still in flux
- Proven experience showing clear understanding of the intersection between user needs, technology requirements, and business goals.
- Artistic eye for design and the ability to think creatively while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail.
- Mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field, however prior experience is more important than your Major.
- Five or more years of front end development experience on web applications. Familiarity with material design and bootstrap
- Expert knowledge of HTML 5 / CSS and Web Standards, 2 to 5 years hands on experience is preferred.
- A portfolio of prior work and or examples.
- Ability to present letters of recommendation or references as needed.
- Neilsen Norman certifications or other relevant industry accreditation is preferred.
- Must work a minimum of 2080 hours in a calendar year of which a minimum of 1872 hours must be billable.
- Attendance, arriving at office on time
- Projects/tickets completed by due date and under budget
- Quality execution of tickets and projects
- Adherence to Simpleview’s Mission Statement and Core Values
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more