Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 200 employees and more than a quarter million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our dedicated and hard working team a reliable, Independent, responsible, top-notch Full Time (40 hours/week) Custodian with great work ethic to protect our facility’s external and internal appearance and cleanliness. We take great pride in the external and internal appearance of our facility and see it as a reflection of our business. We are looking for someone sees it in the same way.
- General building upkeep; makes sure building is clean, neat, free of clutter, and safe
- Ensure spaces are prepared for the next day by taking out trash, tidying furniture and dusting surfaces
- Sweep and mop floors and vacuum carpets
- Daily washing and sanitizing toilets, sinks and showers and restock disposables (e.g. soap, paper towels, etc)
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks, faulty light switches, and fixtures, etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs
- Secure facilities after operating hours by locking doors, closing windows and setting up the alarm
- Undertake occasional custodial and janitorial tasks (lifting heavy items, moving furniture, hanging pictures, white boards, bulletin boards, etc.)
- Keep a running inventory of all cleaning supplies, and stocking bathrooms, kitchens, etc.
- Proven experience as custodian, janitor or in a similar role
- Knowledge of use and maintenance of industrial cleaning equipment and appliances.
- Knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Familiarity with basic handyman practices
- Attention to detail and conscientiousness
- Flexibility in scheduling as there will be some unconventional hours
- Good physical condition and strength
- Friendly, personable, good customer service skills
- Consistently available and very visible
- A great eye for detail
- High school diploma is preferred but not required.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more