Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 200 employees and more than a quarter million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard working team an independent, talented, top-notch Business Intelligence Analyst with great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve
The Business Intelligence Analyst works with customers and developers to ensure on-time completion, delivery and support of Destination Dashboards builds, and any assigned general Dashboard support responsibilities. Part of every dashboard build project should be to assist the DMO in developing relevant practices and procedures for preparing business reports via the Dashboard Product. The Business Intelligence Analyst determines project course for each client after careful review of the client’s current reporting structure, dashboard audiences, data sources, data health, and desired outcomes.
Key Results Areas
- Profitably grow and improve Dashboard integrations.
- Manages all Dashboard implementations and projects.
- Process creation and management.
- Ensures best practices are leveraged across all projects.
- Stays informed on new data visualization and analytics trends.
- Provides Product, Sales, Marketing and New Business support
- Client retention
Dashboard Product Responsibilities:
- Proactively communicates with Product Team and Director of Business Intelligence to enhance and evolve base dashboard product.
- Continually review and enhance the set of standard dashboards that initially launch with each project.
- Act as a primary point of contact for external and internal dashboard customers.
- Project manages all dashboard projects to ensure timelines, budgets, and custom code functionality is all met.
- Directs development on customer specific dashboard customizations.
- Educates, leads, and supports customers during both the build and support phases of project.
- Identifies DMO project contact and assigns project responsibilities
- Reviews all data sources in order to make recommendations for consumption of data feeds and/or manual data entry
- Reviews existing reports and outlines each desired metric/data point and KPI with client
- Works with development team to build metrics/queries and consume 3rd party APIs/feeds
- Documents and tracks each stage of the project, and delivers updates to clients on at least a bi-weekly basis
- Keeps in contact with each DMO contact on a regular basis
- Keeps diligent records of status and/or impediments to completion in the Dashboard Production Timeline document
- If workflow or data collection changes are needed, will provide consultation to both client and internal SV staff on next steps for implementation or updates
- Ensures incoming client requests are addressed in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for monitoring status of active tickets to ensure timeliness and quality of work completed
- Assists with quality assurance of product updates and changes
- Relays additional client requests for product changes to the Dashboard Product Manager
- Maintain accurate time records for each project
- Keeps clients’ SV staff updated on any issues or delays with build/launch.
- Responsible for leading customers with expertise and training
- 1-3 years of experience in the industry and a sound knowledge of both Simpleview product offerings and industry-standard reporting benchmarks
- Familiar with production control and process management concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to lead, train, and motivate teams (client or SV)
- Ability to translate and effectively communicate complex concepts into easily digestible ideas or points
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and perform basic mathematic calculations
- Ability to understand basic graphing and reporting concepts
- Expertise in delivery technologies and data access, including familiarity with metadata, data organization, data quality assessment and data profiling
- Experience with report building and field mapping of disparate data sources
- Familiarity with accounting and finance practices and principles
- Basic knowledge of SQL and database structure is a plus
- Must work a minimum of 2080 hours in a calendar year
- Attendance, arriving at office on time
- Projects/tickets completed by due date and under budget
- Quality execution of tickets and projects
- Adherence to Simpleview’s Mission Statement and Core Values
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help & loads more