Since 2001, Simpleview has supported Destination Marketing Organizations (DMOs) with tools, knowledge, and creativity to help them perform at the top of their game. We believe the world’s top cities and smallest towns each have a role to play in creating a better experience for the people who visit and a better life for the people who call it home.
With over 350 employees and more than half a million dollars dedicated to professional development yearly, we give customers a force for marketing and development know-how that’s head and shoulders above the rest. We have won Tucson’s Best Place to Work twice & we are THE #1 player in our field, in part because the solutions we program are smart, hard-working and reliable.
We are looking to add to our professional, dedicated and hard-working team an independent, talented, top-notch Vice President of Marketing with a great work ethic who thrives in organizations that constantly adapt and evolve.
Simpleview seeks an experienced Vice-President (VP) of Marketing to direct and oversee all corporate marketing and communications activities. As VP, you will lead a department that designs, implements and monitors marketing strategies that maintain and increase business, promote product awareness, and create brand loyalty.
You will identify changes within the industry, assess, and adjust the company’s marketing plan to proactively seize new opportunities while also supporting the retention and maturation of current customer relationships.
- Develop an annual marketing plan and budget to support revenue objectives through support for our products and reaching and winning new customers
- Develop a brand strategy for use across the company; monitor the company’s brand for consistency and effectiveness across all channels of communications
- Collaborate with Product, Sales/Account Services, and Operations departments to develop go-to-market strategies for new products, partners and significant product evolutions
- Oversee all advertising and promotional activities and campaigns, both traditional and digital
- Manage all marketing-related aspects of acquisitions
Internal & External Communications
- Develop an annual communications plan to support company objectives
- Oversee Simpleview external and internal communications activities
- Manage the development and production of publications, print, videos, and other marketing and sales materials; ensure adherence to brand standards, quality, and budget
- Manage company media interaction, to include media calls, press releases, and interviews
- Oversee planning, budgeting, coordination and execution of annual Simpleview Retreat
Digital Marketing & Business Intelligence
- Oversee the design, content, and implementation of a company a website development strategy that ensures traffic growth and supports product sales
- Monitor industry data and trends; analyze results to capitalize on market opportunities
- Monitor, track, and report return on investment of marketing campaigns, including key performance indicators
- Research and integrate new marketing technologies and methods where appropriate to improve marketing effectiveness and/or reduce costs
- Establish and maintain relationships with clients, prospective clients, community leaders, industry leaders, and others influencers
- Maintain profile within the industry through association and committee memberships
- Attend and present at industry-related conventions, trade shows, and seminars
Leadership & Project Management
- Direct, develop and ensure the performance of department leadership, and through them ensure the same of the entire department’s staff
- Maintain and adjust the organizational structure to meet the needs of the company and department
- Oversee marketing project management and manage collaboration with other departments
- Oversee the planning, budget, coordination, and execution of the annual Simpleview Summit client conference
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE :
This position requires an advanced degree in a marketing-related field, with at least five years of professional experience in corporate marketing and communications as a Director, VP, or CMO.
This position requires experience in, or knowledge of, market research, content creation and marketing, and product marketing.
We maintain a strong preference for experience in the destination marketing, travel and tourism and/or software development industries.
- Verbal and written communication
- Negotiation, persuasion, and influence
- Market research
- Critical thinking and analysis
Who We’re Looking For:
- Professionals with solid skills and solid principles
- People who know the web like an old friend
- Employees who thrive on problem-solving and figuring things out
- Someone other people want to work with (organized, easy-going, non-toxic)
What's In It For You:
- Competitive pay & lots of ways to move up or around
- Endless coffee & relaxed dress code (but clothes required while in the office)
- A friendly, diverse, casual environment (in some of our offices, you can bring your dog to work every day!)
- $2,500/year to spend on getting smarter
- Job security (0 rounds of layoffs since day 1 way back when)
- Great co-workers, including geeks, moms, artists & average Joes
- 100% paid medical benefits for employees and short term disability paid by the company + options for vision, dental, long term disability & life
- 401(k) match, home-buying help, & loads more