At SimplePractice, we have over 35,000 private practice clinicians using our best-in-class platform and mobile apps to run great businesses and deliver better care to millions of clients.
As the market leader, we’re not about to rest. It’s now time to take our platform to the next level by bringing consistency and polish to the user experience which brought us to this point while expanding functionality to meet even more needs of modern health and wellness business owners. To accomplish this we’re building a world-class team of experienced software designers looking to do great work that has a direct and profound impact on the lives of customers.
Each member of this team will earn ownership of design systems and areas of our platform. You’ll work collaboratively with product managers, engineers, support agents, and customers to expand the power of our platform by maintaining its simplicity. A thoughtfully designed interplay between our scheduling, billing, documentation, and client communication systems is what earned us market leadership. That same commitment to innovative, disciplined product design will carry us to success in the next phase of our journey.
Demonstrate great work, great judgement, and adapt to our unique and high-functioning development process and you’ll quickly earn a tremendous amount of responsibility, autonomy, and leadership opportunity.
- Express your design ideas at every level of fidelity to see a project through from concept to implementation
- Work closely with the Product and Customer Success teams to define story requirements
- Develop information architecture, interaction models, customer flows, schematics, prototypes, and visual designs for products and services
- Define not only the immediate experience to be built for each project, you’ll also articulate a vision for future states and functionality so that we’re constantly building toward the future in a smart, effective way
- Help establish and reinforce consistent design patterns for reusable, systematic design
- Promote design thinking across the entire business, so other people and teams think in terms of delivering a consistent, elegant and pleasant user experience
- Test your designs with customers in a lean, agile way
- Rapidly iterate upon your designs based on user insights and team feedback
- 5+ years experience designing digital experiences, products, and platforms
- Experience building software with multiple permission-based user roles
- Experience building complex platforms with extensive systems (calendaring, billing, accounting or finance systems experience a plus)
- A portfolio of amazing UI and strategic user experiences—work we can click on or download in the app store
- Experience working directly with engineers and managing clear project handoffs when design is complete
- You think in terms of design systems and make rational design decisions
- You are a strategic and collaborative thinker; able to ideate and execute new product features
- You have an inherent talent for creating simple, clear solutions from complex problems
- You stress the details and care about creating a truly delightful experience
- You're up-to-date regarding the latest web design and technology trends