SimplePart is a data, software and services company serving global Automobile and Motorcycle OEMs in the Fixed Operations (Parts, Accessories and Service) space. Our eCommerce and cataloging products power programs for the world’s leading vehicle brands - including Subaru, VW, Audi, Volvo, Toyota, Lexus and BMW.
We are looking for a veteran SQL Server Production DBA to join our team and take an active, hands-on role supporting our production SQL infrastructure. You will assume responsibility for several critical systems:
- In order to support our performance needs - an “application in SQL” with hundreds of thousands of SQL calls per minute - we created technology in-house to Federate Microsoft SQL Server.
- This technology (“Synchronizer”) allows us to operate many separate SQL Servers as a unified Federation with < 200ms transactional synchronization between any number of instances, across any geography.
- Presently we use this to power a Federation of 20+ servers running MS-SQL 2014 Web Edition.
- We use this technology both within our primary datacenter, as well as to synchronize data cross-country to secondary datacenters.
2) Monitoring (SQLBeat)
- All aspects of our Enterprise are monitored by an application built (in-house) in SQL Server.
- This includes performance and event monitoring of our edge services (typically .NET on IIS), WMI monitoring of Servers and Equipment (hardware and OS), as well as deep monitoring of SQL Services across our MS-SQL Federation.
- This monitoring engine provides rules-based alerting (proactive and reactive), upon which teams across the company depend.
- In addition, this application manages a data warehouse of systems-KPIs from monitored components across the Enterprise. This is used by the application for proactive alerting, but also by teams around the company for research and planning.
To be clear, this is a production and operations DBA role covering multiple datacenters and a large number of federated, highly available MS-SQL servers. The environment is performance-sensitive, heavily monitored, and governed by strict SLAs. We are in splendid health right now, and with great visibility (via monitoring and alerting) - your job is to keep it that way.
Operational support of our Production SQL environment today is managed by one person. It seems like a lot - but we have a great deal of automation and redundancy built in. Our systems are highly specialized, and our use of MS-SQL is non-traditional. Successful candidates for this position will be able to demonstrate excellence in SQL Development, as well as in the support of large-scale enterprise-class SQL Server deployments.
This is a fun, fast-paced, close-knit environment with plenty of room to grow and be creative. We are an established, solidly profitable company with a start-up working environment and a brilliant team. We offer full-time W2 positions with company-paid health/dental/vision/life benefits, FSA, matching 401(k), paid vacation, dog-friendly office, relaxed dress code, eclectic company culture, and a great office location in Downtown Atlanta.SimplePart
serves the world’s top auto and motorcycle brands, including Toyota, Subaru, Volkswagen, Audi, Volvo and BMW. We serve the Fixed Operations space with Data, Services and Solutions to help connect owners to Parts and Service from their local Dealer.
We are a nerdy and data-driven group, using design hand-in-hand with science to stand out in a dynamic retail market. Our portfolio of 1700+ national and dealer websites serves a worldwide user base of more than 4,700,000 unique monthly website visitors and delivers more than 12,000,000 daily page-views.
In your application, please be sure to include a cover letter that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you're all about.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No recruiters, please.