This role requires a strong ability to quickly grasp the strategy and requirements behind a project and determine the best method to test against those requirements. You will actively participate in meetings, making sure that all scenarios are covered. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, review of functional requirements, writing test scripts / scenarios to stated and implied requirements, execution of test scripts / scenarios and defect tracking and resolution. You should be able to manage projects, including scoping testing efforts, creating and executing test plans, defining / creating test data, communicating status and providing requirements for automation. You will also review automation created for completeness and coverage. You will need to be able to juggle multiple projects at once while working independently. You will need a strong background in QA testing and have the ability to clearly communicate identified issues to a wide team of strategists, designers, and developers.
- Manage and build out test plans based on user stories and / or system knowledge.
- Execute in iterations or release level testing.
- Work closely with business and engineering stakeholders to ensure that the highest quality software is delivered on time in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide status of efforts and represent needs in both daily meetings and retrospectives.
- Estimate and scope future work.
- Communicate and act on risk to project stakeholders.
- Analyze test results, document defects / issues in tracking system.
- Proactively troubleshoot to replicate, identify, and resolve issues with the team.
- Develop and drive continued improvement for Quality Assurance processes and procedures.
- Develop and drive continued improvement and implementation for testing management and automation tools.
- Mentor and coach other members of the team.
- Review logs to help identify the root cause of the issues identified and coordinate accordingly.
- Experience in e-commerce or other high-availability environment preferred
- 5+ years in software QA / QC environment
- 4+ years in web-based application software
- 2+ years working in an Agile environment
- 2+ years in mobile testing
- 2+ years testing in a multi-platform environment
- 2+ years working with test automation (both scripts and coded UI)
- Thorough understanding of development and testing lifecycles (SDLC / ALM) practices and tools
- Experience with test data and data testing
- Experience interpreting and analyzing stories or requirements to create effective scenarios
- Create and maintain database objects (tables, views, inline / scalar / table-value functions, stored procedures, triggers, indices)
- Experience creating validation artifacts
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, ability to keep pace with changing deliverables and timelines
- Flexible, team-player who can work well with both technical and non-technical resources
- Unit testing / TDD / Microsoft Test Manager / Selenium
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server / Team Services, Git
- Microsoft Test Manager / Selenium
- Continuous integration / continuous deployment
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- Online commerce experience or a passion for cars / motorcycles are both a big plus
- Great communication skills within a team, as well as with other teams
- Ability to effectively evaluate a problem or situation from all angles to make sound decisions
- Extensive knowledge of testing techniques / methodologies / tools
- Cloud infrastructure with Azure
- Understanding of data analytics
- Familiarization with SEO best practices
You are right for this role if:
- You are able to balance multiple complex tasks and have the flexibility to manage shifting priorities.
- You can explain a complicated problem or sophisticated system to a non-technical person in 1 minute or less and have them understand it perfectly.
- You thrive in a collaborative, team-first environment, working well independently and as part of a team.
- You take pride in your work and want to produce the best product possible.
This is a fun, fast-paced, close-knit environment with plenty of room to grow and be creative. We are an established, solidly profitable company with a start-up working environment and a brilliant team. We offer full-time W2 positions with company-paid health/dental/vision/life benefits, FSA, matching 401(k), paid vacation, dog-friendly office, relaxed dress code, eclectic company culture, and a great office location in Downtown Atlanta.
is a comprehensive e-commerce solution for automotive manufacturers and dealers interested in engaging the online auto parts consumer. Our dynamic suite of platforms and marketing services are proven to facilitate buyer engagement throughout every step of the purchase process and stage of vehicle ownership. Through constant innovation, SimplePart helps connect drivers with the best parts for their vehicles, one site at a time.
We are a nerdy and data-driven group, using design hand-in-hand with science to stand out in a dynamic retail market. Our portfolio of 1700+ national and dealer websites serves a worldwide user base of more than 4,700,000 unique monthly website visitors and delivers more than 12,000,000 daily page-views.
In your application, please be sure to include a cover letter that gives us an idea of your personality, who you are and what you're all about.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship. No recruiters, please.