Silverscreen.in is looking for Senior Reporters based out of Mumbai. If you are a journalist with some experience looking for your breakout role in journalism, here is the opportunity to work as a senior reporter at one of the shining stars in Indian cinema coverage, where a competitive pay package is only the beginning.
Who We Are
Silverscreen India is a subsidiary of A Shiny Object Inc.
Its flagship website, Silverscreen.in is one of the fastest growing internet portals covering movies and entertainment in India. Silverscreen.in uses top drawer technology – fast servers, optimized content delivery and user-friendly web design; even as the journalists operate like an old-fashioned newspaper, with multiple layers of fact-checking and a thoughtful editorial process that values accuracy and speed.
- Writing well-researched and accurate stories about the movie industry, focused primarily on Hindi movies and Bollywood.
- This is not a desk-job, Silverscreen expects its reporters to gather original material for stories in person.
- Handle Silverscreen’s social media accounts.
- Seeking out and investigating stories via your contacts, press releases and other media.
- Attending movie related events regularly.
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a news reporter on the entertainment beat. We will consider non-movie reporters if other qualifications are met.
- Active on social media.
- Understanding of popular social media platforms; ability to quickly digest information on social media and make sense out of it.
- Speak, understand, read in Hindi.
- Write well in English.
A successful reporter at Silverscreen will be a cinema junkie who is interested in the art of cinema and the business of movie making, watching movies and analyzing them, the personalities in cinema and the influence of cinema on people.
And we cannot emphasize this enough, this is not a desk job analyzing movies, It is being a reporter, going out and meeting people everyday, attending events and interviewing people.
The ideal candidate can write about socially responsible cinema while also being capable of talking about the next big trend in fashion - the light and the heavy are equally important at Silverscreen.
Entertainment reporting is fun and rewarding, and there is no place better than Silverscreen to learn the ropes.
Nice to have:
- Sub-editing experience, preferably in an established media house
- A degree in journalism
- A frequently updated blog
- Experience in an online magazine
- A scooter, a motorcycle or a car to get around the city.