Silverscreen.in is looking for an Editor-in-Chief based out of its Chennai office. If you are someone with leadership experience in journalism looking for your breakout role, it is here - the opportunity to run one of the shining stars in Indian cinema coverage where a competitive pay package is only the beginning.
Who We Are
Silverscreen India is a subsidiary of A Shiny Object Inc.
A Shiny Object Inc. is a technology startup building the newspaper of the future, where Artificial Intelligence helps make covering news easy and efficient, and technology coexists with old-fashioned journalism. Our suite of tools under the Graf.AI brand will integrate Machine Learning into every step of the publication process, from news gathering to copy editing, from headlining to analytics, from accountability to employee rewards.
Silverscreen.in uses top drawer technology – fast servers, optimized content delivery and user-friendly web design; even as the journalists operate like an old-fashioned newspaper, with multiple layers of fact-checking and a thoughtful editorial process that values accuracy and speed.
- Strategic and tactical oversight over news, features, social media and photo/video desks.
- Grow Silverscreen.in, including traffic, revenue and brand awareness.
- Oversight over SEO and Marketing managers
- Build a high-energy team of outstanding journalists.
- Use innovative methods, including multimedia and other techniques in digital story-telling to reach a broad audience.
- Report to the Publishers.
- Substantial experience as a journalist; with some experience managing a group of journalists at a publication.
- We will consider leadership in other spheres in lieu of management experience in journalism.
- Passionate about building and leading a team.
- Must love talking about movies, and writing about them.
- Experience in an online magazine is a big plus, and a technology background is an even bigger plus.
- Sub-editing and copy-editing experience, familiarity with at least one of the standard style guides (AP, Guardian)
- Active on social media.
- Understanding of popular social media platforms; ability to quickly digest information on social media and make sense out of it.
- Knowledge of Tamil is desirable but not essential.