The Process Engineer will work on improving existing operations, incorporating new methods and processes and updating and developing standard work documents flow to support commercialization of our next generation DC link capacitors for use in electric vehicles. This engineer will be involved in the resolution of daily production issues related to manufacturing operations and investigating problems affecting daily production. The engineer will work in a team environment with other engineers in the engineering group and possess the ability to communicate effectively between all levels of employees and across technical disciplines. Ability to manage priorities based on the needs of the company and guidance from reporting manager and senior engineers.
- Work to implement new manufacturing processes in a timely manner.
- Evaluate existing assembly processes and identify areas for improvements.
- Update, create and sustain Work Instruction documents.
- Work as part of a project team in the development and implementation of automated processes.
- Lead and/or participate in equipment and process validations.
- Provide technical support for daily production issues related to manufacturing equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- With guidance, able to prepare and present technical information and project summaries to peers and management.
- Monitors work to ensure quality and to continuously promote quality processes
- Work with Safety first in all aspects
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years of related experience preferred.
- Experience with automated manufacturing equipment and automation technologies.
- Experience with CAD programs such as AutoCAD Electrical and/or SolidWorks.
- Strong computing skills utilizing Microsoft Office tools such as Excel, Word, and Powerpoint
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Skilled in troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Ability to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with guidance from management.