The Quality Engineer is responsible for all aspects of quality assurance including first article inspections, capability studies, developing procedures, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions and all other areas of quality control programs in a ISO 9001 /TS/ IATF 16949 environment.
1. Support New Product Development. Develop area, process and supplier quality plans and out of control action plans.
2. Provide training as needed on new procedures. Support Inspection Function, training employees engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure compliance to procedures and policies. 3. Participate in review of manufacturing and testing of new products to assure quality requirements are fulfilled. Implementation and continuous improvement of testing procedures. 4. Assures compliance to in-house and external specifications and standards. 5. Interface with customers, vendors, and 3rd party assessors, as needed.
6. Tracks all non-conformances reports all MRB and part issues. 7. Assist in team problem solving with statistical data and backup information as necessary.
8. Coordinate special projects for the QA Department as necessary. 9. Other projects and tasks as assigned.
· Working knowledge of ISO 9001, TS/IATF 16949.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
· Familiarity with GDT (Geometric Dimension & Tolerance) procedures and requirements.
· Perform various computer related tasks and programs including but not limited to: Excel, Word, Mini-Tab, and/or others related to the Quality Department.
· Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Five years experience in an automotive environment is a plus.
Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or technical field is desirable with 5+ years of experience. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
Light work conditions – Some sitting, walking, standing, light lifting.