Technical Project Manager
Based in Silicon Valley, Sibros is a fast-growing venture backed automotive tech company led by an expert team from Faraday Future, Tesla, Uber and other leading auto-mobility brands. Our Deep Connected Mobility platform helps automakers manage all the software and data between vehicles and the cloud enabling advanced OTA (Over-the-Air) software updates, deep data collection, software inventory management, service management, remote diagnostics and beyond. At Sibros you’ll have the opportunity to work at the forefront of disruptive technology running on millions of vehicles and used by leading EV and autonomous startups to some of the world’s largest and most prestigious automakers.
You will drive the large impact projects that require coordination across sales, marketing and engineering teams. You will focus on the larger business and technology picture (customer experience processes, opportunities, problems to be solved, etc). You'll make prioritization calls that require both keen business and technical judgment, and will also drive processes and best practices for greater transparency and efficiency. This is an exciting opportunity for you to gain valuable experience with a vibrant and fast-growing company!
To be successful in this role, you should be comfortable gathering requirements, creating and maintaining technical project plans and diving into the technical details to understand the nuances and complexities of each project. As a successful Technical Project Manager, you should keep the program on track across changing requirements and priorities, be tenacious and relentless in removing blockers while maintaining the trust of the teams across different organizations. You must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and have passion to communicate and drive the best outcomes across all the functional groups. We are looking for a proven ability to execute both strategically and tactically, and someone who is excited to take on new, ambiguous projects. This position requires a solid technical background, and the candidate should be customer-focused with a passion for the cloud.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive the success of company Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) and work closely with teams across the organization
- Efficiently manage the development sprints from planning to execution to review in an agile development environment
- Work closely with the leadership team to create product roadmaps and track the milestones
- Collaborate with engineering team to define deliverables, roadmaps, and accompanying documentation (API Designs, User Guide, UI/UX Design Flow and more) for successful completion of a customer engagement
- Anticipate bottlenecks, manage risk and escalations, and prioritize features based on the business needs
- Clear communication with customers, technical owners, and the leadership team on project status including technical, business and schedule risks, and their corresponding mitigation plan
- Drive process improvements to increase visibility, throughput and output quality
- Responsible for managing the support ticketing system (Example: Zendesk) to track customer issues and work with the engineering team to scope and prioritize the delivery to the customers
- Collaborate with the various teams to help the company be compliant with regulations like SOC2, GDPR, ASPICE, CCPA and more
At a minimum we’d like you to have:
- BA/BS degree in a science or engineering field
- Relevant professional experience managing complex software development efforts, including tools & processes, breaking down and estimating work, prioritization and issue management
- Familiar with Scrum development methodologies and the supporting tool suites (GitLab, Jira)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Experience in Product Management is a plus
It’s preferred if you have:
- Experience working on early-stage projects in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and change
- A strong background in developing software in one of the following areas: cloud, mobility and vehicle related software