We’re a small, fast-growing venture-backed team from Tesla, Google and Faraday Future providing a set of tools to automotive and mobility companies to help them build revolutionary EVs and smarter transportation. We do this by providing over-the-air update infrastructure, advanced data analytics, fleet management, and other key vehicle components.
From day one, your work at Sibros will have a positive impact on millions of vehicles. Over the last year, we’ve seen EV and mobility overtake mobile or web in funding. Help support the backbone of this revolution and work with the tier-1 vehicle and mobility manufacturers, experience early demos, and learn from the best.
About the Role
As a member of the firmware development team, you will be responsible for designing and developing firmware for the current and next generation of gateway and connectivity systems, powertrain controls, body controls, chassis controls, and diagnostic systems.
- Deliver high-quality C code in a real-time embedded environment.
- Specify, design, and implement functionality and behaviors of embedded subsystems.
- Be involved in the full life-cycle of firmware development from concept through integration, test and high volume manufacturing.
- Hands-on hardware bring-up, system debugging and code optimization.
- Make performance and optimization trade-offs to meet product requirements.
- Contribute to technical designs and ECU requirements, safety analysis, and interface design between various microcontrollers
- Interface with hardware and mechanical engineering teams, as well as clients and end-users of the products
- Should be working towards (or already have) a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- All levels of experience are needed.
- Proficiency in the following areas/aspects:
- C programming and proven record of delivering high-quality code.
- Git version control system
- Embedded systems design and architectures - should be familiar with concepts like watchdogs, task preemption, software interrupts, priority inversion, etc.
- Low-level driver implementation (like SPI, ADC, PWM, CAN, LIN, etc.)
- Computer Science principles like data structures and algorithms
- Hands-on experience with electrical circuits and basic circuit design and analysis
- Plus if the candidate has experience working on projects for student clubs and organizations like robotics club, SAE (Society of Automotive Engineers), Solarboat, EV Club, etc.
- Experience with:
- MISRA C, unit testing, static analysis tools
- Python scripting
- Embedded microprocessor toolchain
- Familiarity with ARM cores
- Familiarity with processors from TI (C2000, Hercules, MSP430, etc.), Freescale (MPC560x), Infineon, STMicro
- Familiarity with embedded RTOS (eg. freeRTOS, MQX, DSP BIOS, etc)
- Hardware board bring-up
Equal Employment Opportunity
Sibros is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.