CREATING A WORLD OF SMART SHOPPERS
, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
To know more about our team and culture: Click here
Scope of work
You will be the key person to drive the organic growth of ShopBack with curated brand stories and extensive event coverage. Ever wanted to shine in a superstar PR Team and expand your skill sets via community building? Read further to know more!
- Connect and maintain a strong relationship with media platforms
- Craft compelling angles/content, actively pitch and secure media interest on a daily basis.
- Develop press materials including interview pitches, invitations, press releases, briefing documents and infographic, etc.
- Keep abreast of news trends for newsjacking opportunities.
- Organise events such as press conferences and workshops.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the team regarding PR matters.
- Track and report on media activities i.e. coverage reports, press clippings and online media engagement.
- Assist in community development research, carry out initiatives and activities to grow ShopBack’s online community.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in PR or similar field in Malaysia is required, preferably from agency background. Submit your resume with additional details on any of the 3 PR campaigns that you did, tell us your level of involvement, the outcome, as well as contact details of your references.
- You have a great understanding towards Malaysia’s media landscape; well versed with each media outlet’s focus area and programmes/sections available.
- You have strong connections with all editors and producers especially online, tech and business media. They are on your WhatsApp and you can pick up the phone to pitch a story or follow up on their interest confidently.
- You genuinely like to talk to customers and the media. You have an excellent command of English, both in articulation and writing.
- You are experienced in end-to-end organisation of press events/workshops, as well as cross-teams/agencies coordination.
- You are meticulous and have the perfect sources for news, never failing to discover newsworthy angles for your company/client.
- You are solution and result driven. You know what needs to be done independently and come up with alternative solutions to achieve your goals.
- You are a frequent online shopper and are keen to learn how to grow the online community. You are able to work under pressure and carry a ‘Can-Do’ spirit.
- You are passionate in what you do, a supportive team player and have high ownership over your work.