Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack is a rapidly growing digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products and are strong team players.
At ShopBack our Data Engineering team acts as the bridge that ties everyone together through data. As data in ShopBack never stops growing, this team also never stops learning, innovating and expanding so that we can produce the best data solutions using relevant technology to ensure the company's continued success.
- You will be tasked to architect and build ShopBack's next-generation data platform as well as customize solutions for data science and data analytics.
- Design, build, deploy and manage scalable and reliable ETL pipelines to ingest data from various data sources.
- Manage and process large amounts of data in near real-time to deliver up-to-date metrics.
- Drive continuous improvements in the efficiency and flexibility of our platform and services
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in data/software engineering at scale.
- Proficiency in 1 or more server-side programming languages -- preferably Scala, Java or Python
- Experience in using and configuring Apache Spark to efficiently process large data sets in near real time
- Demonstrated ability working as a strong team player with the ability to quickly triage and troubleshoot complex problems.
- Admin experience on databases like PostgreSQL, MySQL; knowledge of Data warehousing concepts.
- Development experience with NoSQL data stores like Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with AWS services or open source tools to build analytics infrastructure (Kafka, Hive, Presto), as well as containerization and microservices technology (Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos) is a big plus.
- Skills in data visualization, front-end interfaces, and web development.
- Degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.