CREATING A WORLD OF SMART SHOPPERS
ShopBack is a digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. ShopBack has big ambitions and is currently growing strong in 7 countries - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand & Australia. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack's eCommerce loyalty & discovery platform currently powers Taobao, Expedia, Lazada, ZALORA and more than 1,300 eCommerce merchants. We now provide cash rebates to over 6 million users and are focused on growing and dominating the landscape.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the eCommerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack team in Malaysia!
To know more about our team and culture: Click hereScope of Work
The Merchant Operations Analyst is a part of the Operations team that focuses primarily on post-purchase operational processes. This includes:
- commission and cashback validation,
- risk analysis, prediction and management,
- customer service support on the post-purchase escalations,
- commission recovery among other things.
As Shopback works with various partners/ merchants, there are currently various processes in place, with various levels of involvement from Operations on this process. The role requires coordination with several stakeholders and an analytical mind as you will be managing various types of time-sensitive processes across different countries .
- To maintain and manage on-going data validation and commission recovery process with affiliate network partners to ensure that internal SLAs and process standards are met
- Verifying data accuracy against internal standards
- Handle risk prediction and risk management processes for transactional data
- Analyse current operational capability, process and procedures and develop insights to drive improvements
- Participate in operational planning and communications
- Plan and deliver incremental changes to drive operational improvement and validate process implementation
- Work with Ops, Finance, Customer service in order to identify areas for improvements
- Strong analytical skills, and proper use of Excel and SQL
- Strong problem solving skills with a natural aptitude for communicating clear solutions to complex problems.
- Familiarity with Python would be a plus
- Process oriented mindset and passionate about optimisation and automation
- Ability to liaise with technical and product teams both remotely and locally
- Ability to liaise with internal and external stakeholders on both a technical and operational basis
- Expertise in delivering analysis and reports to key external and internal stakeholders
- 1-2 years experience in an Operations or Finance role. Fresh grads may apply
- Written and spoken Chinese capabilities to support the operations in our regional office would be an advantage.
- High drive and ownership on process improvements
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit and eager to join the e-commerce industry