CREATING A WORLD OF SMART SHOPPERS
ShopBack is a digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. ShopBack has big ambitions and is currently growing strong in 7 countries - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand & Australia. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and a build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack's eCommerce loyalty & discovery platform currently powers Taobao, Expedia, Lazada, ZALORA and more than 1,300 eCommerce merchants. We now provide cash rebates to over 6 million users and are focused on growing and dominating the landscape.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the eCommerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack team in Vietnam!
To know more about our team and culture: Click hereResponsibilities:
- Review and verify employee claims, vendor invoices against stated Group policies and local tax requirements
- Accurately execute payments from our bank portals
- Recording of expenses and payments made into the accounting system
- Preparation of monthly schedules relating to AP
- Maintenance of documentation in line with local regulations
- Work closely with regional finance team to improve processes
- Work with regional merchant operations team to validate merchant orders and raise tax invoices
- Monitor outstanding receivables based on Group credit terms and proactively reduce accounts receivable days
- Prepare AR reconciliation schedules for month end closing/ audit
- Liaise with external advisors on the implementation of new E-invoicing system for Vietnam
- Set up and maintain a VAS compliant accounting system
- Perform accurate and timely month-end and year-end closing for full set of accounts of the Company
- Maintain / bridge 2 sets of books in VAS and IFRS
- Liaise with regional finance to support group reporting / audit requirements
- Liaise with local auditors to ensure the timely completion of local statutory audits.
Tax and corporate:
- Liaise with external tax agents to ensure accurate and timely reporting for monthly VAT, WHT, annual income tax returns
- Liaise with external tax agents and tax authority to discuss any potential tax matters that may affect the Company
- Liaise with external parties to ensure all locally required statutory filings are completed on a timely basis
- Maintain and registers and corporate records as required
- Liaise with regional finance to maintain sufficient funding for the Company.
Fixed Asset management:
- Oversee fixed asset procurement process from capitalisation to disposal.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Accounting or Auditing or relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of practical experience of Vietnamese Accounting Standards (VAS), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Vietnamese tax regulations
- Must be fluent in English, with strong written and oral communication skills
- Hands-on experience in scaling Ecommerce start-ups is a plus
- Exposure in handling large data-sets will be a plus
- Proficient in Excel or other accounting softwares
- Occasional travel (10%) within the region may be required