CREATING A WORLD OF SMART SHOPPERS
, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ‘The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback, while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
To know more about our team and culture: Click here
- Oversee regional Finance teams for Finance Operations and compliance matters.
- Responsible for setting up of Finance function for new geographical markets and/or business units.
- In charge of group consolidation and inter-office reporting matters in compliance with SFRS and Group policies.
- Responsible for Singapore taxation matters (CIT, GST, WHT) and to liaise with tax agents and advisors where applicable.
- Oversee Finance Operations for ShopBack GO and implement/streamline processes in close partnership with business stakeholders.
- To contribute to continuous efforts in process improvements and strengthening of internal controls.
- To perform other ad-hoc duties as required
- Bachelor's Degree / Professional qualification in Accountancy and/or Finance.
- At least 7 years of relevant experience with 2 years in a managerial capacity.
- Prior experience working in a Big Four and commercial experience with regional exposure is a plus.
- Excellent communication, management and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of various stakeholders.
- Meticulous with a strong analytical mind, coupled with an ability to work under pressure to meet tight schedules.
- Demonstrate a high degree of integrity, initiative and honesty.