Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ’The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
About the role:
The role of Data Science at ShopBack is to follow the data. We log, analyze, visualize, and model terabytes of online and offline purchases data. Our Data Scientists build and implement machine learning models to make timely decisions. Each of us is a mixture of a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert, and engineer. We have a passion for building and improving Internet-scale products. We seek to understand user behaviour via careful experimentation and analysis, to help people shop smarter!
You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems. You produce the highest quality Data Science solutions and lead others to do the same.
You have high standards and will take pride in ShopBack like we do as well as push us to be better. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You are equally happy talking about deep learning and statistical inference, as you are brainstorming about practical experimental design and technologies.
- Code with the ability to scale with large data in near real-time.
- Small and Big Data modeling work: Python, Scala, Spark
- Production deployment of Data Science Solution
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers, product managers and Business Stakeholder
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and flexibility of the services
- Significant prior success as a Data Scientist working on challenging problems at scale
- 3+ years of industrial Data Science experience, with expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionisation, and monitoring of Data Science products
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigor at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from getting results early and iterating
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Strong skills in Python, Spark and machine python machine learning libraries
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data