Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack is a rapidly growing digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products and are strong team players.
About the role:
The role of Data Science at ShopBack is to follow the data. We log, analyze, visualize, and model terabytes of online and offline purchases data. Our Data Scientists build and implement machine learning models to make timely decisions. Each of us is a mixture of a statistician, scientist, machine learning expert, and engineer. We have a passion for building and improving Internet-scale products. We seek to understand user behaviour via careful experimentation and analysis, to help people shop smarter!
You are someone who wants to see the impact of your work making a difference every day. You understand how to use data to make decisions and how to train others to do so. You find passion in the craft and are constantly seeking improvement and better ways to solve tough problems. You produce the highest quality Data Science solutions and lead others to do the same.
You have high standards and will take pride in ShopBack like we do as well as push us to be better. You have delivered challenging technical solutions at scale. You are equally happy talking about deep learning and statistical inference, as you are brainstorming about practical experimental design and technologies.
- Code with the ability to scale with large data in near real-time.
- Small and Big Data modeling work: Python, Scala, Spark
- Production deployment of Data Science Solution
- Can communicate concisely and persuasively with engineers, product managers and Business Stakeholder
- Drive continuous improvement in the efficiency and flexibility of the services
- Significant prior success as a Data Scientist working on challenging problems at scale
- 3+ years of industrial Data Science experience, with expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Have full stack experience in data collection, aggregation, analysis, visualization, productionisation, and monitoring of Data Science products
- Strong desire to solve tough problems with scientific rigor at scale
- An understanding of the value derived from getting results early and iterating
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics or Mathematics
- Strong skills in Python, Spark and machine python machine learning libraries
- Passion to answer Product/Engineering questions with data