CREATING A WORLD OF SMART SHOPPERS
ShopBack is a digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. ShopBack has big ambitions and is currently growing strong in 7 countries - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand & Australia. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and a build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack's eCommerce loyalty & discovery platform currently powers Taobao, Expedia, Lazada, ZALORA and more than 1,300 eCommerce merchants. We now provide cash rebates to over 6 million users and are focused on growing and dominating the landscape.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the eCommerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack team in Singapore!
To know more about our team and culture: Click here
Who we are looking for?
Are you capable of translating challenging business problems and answering to user needs at the same? Do you have the instinct to know people? Have you spent time understanding the users’ profiles and tailoring solutions to their workflows? Are you comfortable presenting rationales of your design work and justify your decisions? Are you willing to work together with fellow designers and collect feedback while moving further?
We’re looking for a talented UX Researcher intern to join the ShopBack online cashback Team! You will work collaboratively with the Product design owner of ShopBack web experience alongside a team of PM and Designers spread across all 7 countries. ShopBack is growing faster than ever, and the company is investing heavily in ensuring the best resources are focused on expanding the business. You will be joining the team that is responsible for driving the growth of ShopBack’s main cashback business, helping shoppers to shop smarter.
You will be focusing on conducting research work, sprints, workshops and UX processes. You will empathise with users on all the regions and help shape the product that best fit their usage.
- Hands-on creative problem solving on the web platform of ShopBack.
- UX research locally and throughout the region.
- Deliver product localisation through research, and make our users feel the product was built for them.
- Work with a multi-disciplined team of Product Designers, Strategists, Data scientists and Product Managers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment.
- Work with a multi-cultural, international team of people around the world.
- Present design alternatives and effectively communicate rationale and trade-offs.
- Share your work and be open to trade-offs and collaborative, constructive feedback.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
- Demonstrate a passion for more data and being eager to receive feedback.
- Keep communication flowing by bringing feedback from customers to the team, and taking team questions back to customers.
- Degree in Product Design, UX Design, UI Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 1-2 years working in the field of UX Design or Research. Experience with “big data software” a huge plus. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.
- Online portfolio demonstrating your problem-solving ability: problem analysis, personas, scenarios, user journeys, sketches, wireframes, prototypes, task-flows or other relevant design research artifacts.
- Experience working with remote team members and employees.
- Experience planning and executing different types of research with customers.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- Analytical and strategic mindset. We privilege that rather than pixel-perfect visual skills.
- Excellent communication skills; office and company language is English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience working with a global product, and localization processes is a plus.
- Experience working in Ecommerce or start ups is a plus.
- Google suite for data documentation, Confluence
- Design software: Sketch, XD, Illustrator, Figma, Zeplin, etc