CREATING A WORLD OF SMART SHOPPERS
ShopBack is a digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. ShopBack has big ambitions and is currently growing strong in 7 countries - Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Taiwan, Thailand & Australia. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack's eCommerce loyalty & discovery platform currently powers Taobao, Expedia, Lazada, ZALORA and more than 1,300 eCommerce merchants. We now provide cash rebates to over 6 million users and are focused on growing and dominating the landscape.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the eCommerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack team in Singapore!
To know more about our team and culture: Click here
We are looking for a Compliance Officer to ensure that our operations and business transactions follow all relevant legal and internal rules. You will also review employees’ work and provide advice on compliance.
To succeed in this role, you should be a reliable professional who is familiar with payment services, risk management and our industry’s standards with also sharp business acumen.
Your goal will be to ensure we operate in a legal and ethical manner while meeting our business objectives.
- Manage compliance policies related to the Payment Services Act including anti-money laundering regulations, cyber hygiene and technology risk requirements and audit and statutory returns
- Develop and implement an effective legal compliance program, including performing the necessary AML and KYC requirements on ShopBack’s merchant partners
- Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
- Draft and revise company policies
- Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk
- Collaborate with external auditors and HR when needed
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation
- Educate and train employees on regulations and industry practices
- Address employee concerns or questions on legal compliance
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals
- Proven experience as a Compliance Officer or Compliance Manager of at least 7 years
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or a related field Professional certification (e.g. Certified Compliance & Ethics Professional (CCEP)) is a plus)
- Experience in risk management
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, cyber security and audit)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Excellent communication skills
- Integrity and professional ethics
- Business acumen
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail