- Able to architect systems that can horizontally scale to millions of users. Also, strategise and successfully execute improvements to the existing architecture.
- Partner closely with Senior Management to drive the team’s growth and development from a tech perspective.
- To have solid analytical skills and to effectively handle multiple aspects of a complex project and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Build, manage and validate Tech Roadmap for ShopBack Vietnam
- Lead and mentor other highly skilled engineers, building a progressive and innovative engineering culture.
- Work with multiple country teams & departments and adjust rapidly changing priorities.
- Attract and retain high-quality talent to our organization.
You should also possess the following:
- Min Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Systems
- 10+ years of experience in large systems software design and web development. With at least 5 years Java/Scala experience or a polyglot engineer (Java, Scala, Python etc).
- Experience on different databases. Relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL, ...) and NoSQL(MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra).
- Excellent knowledge of microservice architecture & database architecture and optimization.
- Familiar with some Python libraries: Pandas, Numpy, SQLAlchemy, Django, Fabric, Celery
- Good at designing RDBMS database tables, indexes as well as optimizing queries.
- Good at using AWS services (i.e., EC2 instances, S3, ElasticCache, PostgresQL, Redshift).
- Direct experience in building, leading and inspiring a team.
- Strong leadership capabilities and communication skills. As we scale rapidly, we are looking to bring on board an industry veteran who has experienced this stage and speed of growth and can steer our talented tech team in the right direction. This individual should possess foresight, considerable organizational prowess, and a natural desire to take on challenges through innovative and unconventional methods, for you will be pivotal to the success of the company.