Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack is a rapidly growing digital loyalty and discovery platform, with a clear mission to create a world of Smarter Shoppers. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
At ShopBack, our engineering teams build scalable platforms and utilize leading-edge technologies to build a world-class product. You will join a diverse and talented team of aspiring engineers with great ambitions to impact the eCommerce landscape. We are seeking team members who strive to solve the hard problems, take pride in delivering world-class products and are strong team players.
As an Engineering Manager, you will be responsible and contribute to:
- Ensure that systems are always available, fast and highly scalable to accommodate unprecedented demand
- Manage end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring the SRE team members to help them improve their individual as well as team performance. Educate and train them on the best AWS and DevOps practices
- Collaborate with product engineers to enhance core platforms
- Responsible for hiring, mentoring and development of our team of engineers to grow a high-performance engineering organization
- Build strategies for increasing the resiliency of services
- Work with other tech engineering managers across teams to ensure requirements are understood and translated into a deliverable roadmaps
- Proven record of technical credentials/technical leadership
- Experience of 8 + years of managing and developing a team size of over 5 team-members
- You have 4+ years maintaining systems in a large-scale AWS environment
- Proven experience working across a cross-functional team or multinational projects experience
- Ability to coach and mentor team members to enhance their professional development
- Experience with hiring and building self-sustaining teams
- Have the technical expertise in scripting languages such as PHP, Ruby, Python, etc.
- Hands-on experience in using configuration management tools such as Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or SaltStack, OpenShift, etc.