In ShopBack, Graphic Designers are an integral part of all marketing
teams. Your work has a direct impact to millions of shoppers in 7 countries and we’re looking to expand our team as we scale even further. We value the talent and ideas of our in-house designers where their ideas are always heard (or seen). You will play a role in design, ranging from Website components to EDMs, from app to social banners and even ATL features.
We are looking for top talent to be part of this exciting journey. If you
possess the following qualities and are inspired to take up new challenges, send over your resume and portfolio.
Applications without a portfolio will not be considered for this
For this role, you will report to the Regional Design Team that is
responsible for building a strong brand and growing customer loyalty
You will lead and manage a team, and create a stronger Design System
with various Regional teams to ensure visual consistency throughout the region. Your projects will be complex, cross-functional, cross-countries and cross-platforms, but they will be crucial in driving the KPIs of customer engagement and brand awareness.
Based in our Malaysia office, you will work directly with some of the most talented designers that make up our Malaysia Design Hub. As a Senior Design Manager in a Regional company, you take on a leadership role and get the opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues from our other 6 country offices across SE Asia. You are expected to take strong ownership of your domains, lead cross-functional teams with positive influence, and most importantly, take charge of projects by being grounded and hands-on with your fellow team mates.
The ideal candidate needs to be able to elevate standards and contribute meaningfully and constructively on projects. A bonus if the candidate has copywriting or additional marketing experience and skillsets.
- Develop, lead, and execute original, innovative, and strategically-sound creative concepts and ideas across the full range of design communication channels.
- Lead, mentor, and set design thinking process as well as direction of creative campaigns across various platforms.
- Push the creative boundaries and standards of the team by producing high quality disruptive creatives and content.
- Review the work of designers and provide direction and guidance.
- Work as part of the Creative team producing high-quality artwork across multiple touch points, including video editing, digital, mobile/app and print.
- Actively participate in and lead concept development and brainstorming sessions for branding, campaigns and content.
- Work on multiple projects of varying complexities, meet your deadlines and support your team members to meet theirs.
- Manage, develop and coordinate the creation of visual mock-ups.
- Follow the right design processes and create high-quality deliverables for projects.
- Evaluate the design team’s work against project objectives, suggest refinements, and select recommendations.
- Minimum 3 years of related work experience.
- At least 1 year of experience in leading high performing creative team or equivalent managerial experience.
- Possess a minimum Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design or any relevant field.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Aftereffects, Premiere Pro) and related industry leading software.
- Copywriting experience is a plus.
- Strong communication skills with ability to work with teams across geographies and comfortable with presentations.
- Preferable with international market experience.
- Conceptual thinker who is able to translate ideas into communication solutions.
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines with a great eye for detail.
- Is eager to learn from others and share learnings from one’s personal.
- Have a flair for designing visually appealing and attractive collaterals.
- Self-motivated and resourceful.
- A proactive, committed team player who is passionate about design who strives to deliver quality work.
- A highly organized individual who is able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Has a can-do/make-it-happen attitude and creative judgment.
- Ready to show us a portfolio of your beautiful work.
*Please include an updated CV in your application.
**We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.