Build the Smarter Way to Shop!
ShopBack, the #1 rewards and discovery platform in Asia-Pacific, enables shoppers across the region to shop ’The Smarter Way”. It is a one-stop rewards and discovery platform for users to earn cashback while delivering performance-based marketing to merchants. First launched in Singapore in 2014, ShopBack has since expanded its reach to Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Taiwan, Australia, and more recently, Vietnam and Korea. In Singapore, the company has also extended its service offering with ShopBack GO, an app-based rewards platform for in-store shopping, dining, and entertainment. We are a passionate team that wants to drive innovation and build a product that we love and are all proud of!
ShopBack partners with over 3,000 merchants including Taobao, Expedia, Shopee, ZALORA to reward its users with cashback across a wide range of categories including general merchandise, travel bookings, fashion, health and beauty, groceries, and food delivery. To date, US$100m in cashback has been awarded to our over 20 million users.
We have global ambitions and are up against international incumbents in a rapidly emerging field! We are expanding our existing team and are looking for passionate talent across APAC to be part of this exciting journey. If you are inspired to take up new challenges and leave a mark on the e-commerce landscape, then come and be part of our growing ShopBack Family!
- Build stable, performing and highly available applications for shoppers, merchants and operators
- Work with web and mobile engineers to design and build APIs to provide meaningful user experiences
- Simplify backend transaction processing systems to improve correctness, performance and efficiency
- Experience with distributed system architectures
- Experience with client-side frameworks is a plus (Angular, Ember, Vue or React)
- Experience with public cloud providers is a plus (AWS, GCP, Azure, Aliyun or similar)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Active team player with strong problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and demonstrable design and UX sensibilities